My own maps

Started by moshica, April 05, 2016, 15:01:47

moshica

I have big problem with my created maps with OziExplorer. I calibrated them with Ozi by geographical coordinates, then I wrote to *.map file. Next I have put *.map file to program Mapc2mapc and I have wrote to Trekbbudy Map format. After this compilation I get right structure files *.map , *.set and subfolder with files *.png. After this operation I packed with 7zip to format tar.
But now I copied to my smartphone this *.tar file to \\Locus\Maps and I downloaded map correctly.
My problem is with recorded tracks. On created my map I can't see recorded tracks, any tracks.
Where is possible problem, map is good visible, srolling, increasing is fine, but my own tracks early recorded doesn't visible ?
What can I do yet ?

Regards
Paul
  •  

Menion

Good day Paul,

did you tried to just switch on some known place your calibrated to map to any online map? Are they on exactly same place - so you see below center cross exactly same place on online map as on your tar map? You may also check a coordinates if they match (tap on top Locus title and choose "coordinates").

If they won't match, then calibration is probably not correct. If you share some small map sample, I may check it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

moshica

Hello Menion.

Thanx for support. I have right coordinates I mean ;-) I wrote to OZI them from Google Maps in right format degrees/minutes , Map Datum - WGS84, UTM.
On original files *.map, my previously recorded tracks are fine displayed with GPS.
Only created maps with OZI have problems. On the online maps, another *.map file cross is right show on map, centered with right localization...

Maybe tomorrow as You wish I will load on Google Drive *.map file and recorded track to check it, ok ?

Menion can You give me Your email to share or send for You these map with track ?
  •  

Menion

Hi, best is to send links on our support email locus.map@asamm.com. Thanks
  •  

moshica

Menion I sent this file *.tar on given email  locus.map@asamm.com, can You see on Your email box ?
  •  

Menion

Thanks, email received.

1) when I display map and then switch to online map as I suggested before, I'm in the middle of Atlantic
2) in calibration file are coordinates
Point01,xy,  263,  580,in, deg,  50 ,19.000000 ,N,  18, 57.450000 ,W, grid,   ,           ,           ,N
so 50N, 19W ... in Atlantic

So fix your calibration to make it work as expected.
  •  

moshica

Strange thing, Menion I checked coordinates twice in Google Maps. I wil make again and will tell You.

I don't understand any, this position : 50,19.00N  18,57.45W is in South of Poland and it's correct, why do You think that its Atlantic place ?
  •  

Menion

Well ... https://www.google.cz/maps/place/50%C2%B000'00.0%22N+19%C2%B000'00.0%22W

If I remember correctly, we are on East hemisphere, not a West
  •  

moshica

Maybe resolved, I did't switch on right place 18,57,45 from W on E !!! ech.....probably its mistake, MenionI sugessted default set in OZI ;-)

Soory Menion, I must reupload nwe map with correct coordinates for new map !!! and tjen tell You if is good after operation !

Problem solved with letter "E" and "W", but now Menion I have moved all track on this calibrated map.  What's new problem, in Google Map are incorrect coordinates ?
  •  

Menion

Fine, so problem with incorrectly calibrated map solved. Anyway I do not understand your new problem, please try to describe it more precisely.
  •  

moshica

The problem is the following. Map is calibrated, recorded track is visible but the whole is shifted  circa 200 meters towards North-East. When I load another recorded track on this map is the same problem... I see that map is shifted, but I'm sure that coordinates are correct (twice checked).

Look at, green line should be right but my map display recorded track on the red line  (whole is shifted towards North-East)...

•  

gynta

Quote from: moshica on April 05, 2016, 15:01:47my created maps with OziExplorer.
Hi Paul
Please upload your OziExplorer map and I will create a Locus compatible map for you - to stop this thread...
because i think it's more a small userproblem - not a Locus problem ;)

moshica

Can You recommend me program to export for Locus compatible map ?
  •  

gynta

moshica

I have used in this case exactly, exported in mapc2mapc " write maps as Trekbuddy tile..." a then pack in 7zip to *.tar file. On beggining post I wrote tthis.
  •