Author Topic: [APP] - version 3.16.x (14. 3. 2016+)  (Read 35511 times)

Offline 0709

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: THL4000 CM12.1 SM-T235 A5.5.1 MI A2 Lite A9
Re: [APP] - version 3.16.x (14. 3. 2016+)
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2016, 11:21:11 »
@ Menion,

Circuit in tcx file : (association system)
Instructions generated by Garmin router.
(U-turn added by notepad).

Same circuit in gpx file . (association system)

Attached:  tcx file  = Locus and  app Track Navigator compatible.  gpx file: App Track Navigator compatible.
(same files as in: http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4178.msg42614#msg42614)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:01:43 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.39.2

Offline gynta

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • Locus live tracking service
  • Device: SM-A530F(A8) Android 8.0.0
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2016, 18:17:16 »
...just ignore "T:" values... ...Surprise you do not know yet after all these years :)
Think we know - but sometimes you forget  ;D

Offline michaelbechtold

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2016, 20:49:07 »
It's be a long and heavy working day ... now let me go through your comments and questions:

@michaelbechtold: to select overlay, you first needs to remove previous. Are there really needed two buttons - change, remove? Isn't this one enough?
MBe: I did not try remove, because I could not trust I get overlay back :-) Now I tried via remove and it works - thank you - here a second click (which is the trade-off ...) is not too much of an annoyance.
The switch overlay off option is a nice addition indeed.

...see at the bottom for remarks about the middle section of your reply.

Oki, so few more questions on you (please, short, clear answers):
- "double/missing item i the panel array" - what you are talking about?
MBe: on the left side there are those oversized blue buttons. Two of them have the same symbol - the layers. And both show the same content. In the earlier beta, one of them showed showed the overview, incl. your explanation text, and the other showed the visibility switches. Now both show the switches.

- "usability" - what is a problem here as no usability is lost. I still do not understand a problem here, at least I do not see it.
MBe: maybe I did not explore all angles. A standard principle is: useful functions should be allowed to sit on the screen (auto and double tap hiding assumed, of couse), but not need traversing option/menu trees. Yes, overlays can be put on a button still, which safes the day, hence it is redundant in the other menu. But the real topic is another one: a new concept has its justification if it is better than the existing ones. And you have a perfect mechanics in place with the button panels. Content and button position inside the panel: all in user hands. Visibility mechanics - perfect.
And now compare those new blue beasts ...
Screen space is valuable - oversized buttons like the blue ones are a simple waste, no added value.

You refer to your rule with Petr: others and I have made proposals how to improve these things ... days ago.

So, here again:
- rather than introducing a new, oversized category of buttons, use the existing mechanics and extend it to the left side.
- all of those new functions (nearest points, Panoramio, overlay on/off, OSM notes, etc.), which are really nice, BTW, should be available to be put on any panel
- as you accept redundancy anyway, you can offer the menu hierarchy in the blue master button as a button for the standard panel, of course
- offering a left side panel will simply cope with the increased number of interesting things a user may want to have on the screen

Makes sense ?

Cheers
Michael
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 22:20:45 by gynta »

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo/8, Lenovo Note 4 Nougat/7.1
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2016, 02:55:25 »
+1 = I totally agree with Michael on his "usability" comment.

The following users thanked this post: 0709

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2016, 06:32:48 »
MBe: maybe I did not explore all angles. A standard principle is: useful functions should be allowed to sit on the screen (auto and double tap hiding assumed, of couse), but not need traversing option/menu trees. Yes, overlays can be put on a button still, which safes the day, hence it is redundant in the other menu. But the real topic is another one: a new concept has its justification if it is better than the existing ones. And you have a perfect mechanics in place with the button panels. Content and button position inside the panel: all in user hands. Visibility mechanics - perfect.
And now compare those new blue beasts ...
Screen space is valuable - oversized buttons like the blue ones are a simple waste, no added value.

Hello Michale, thanks for explanation. Let me ask one more thing.

In current published version of Locus:
- "Quick map switch" button in top left corner has same style as right panel, but is not modificable and it out of control from hiding by double tap
- "Map theme switcher" - already working as big blue beast on left. Btw why "big"? They are thinner and longer - covered are is same as other buttons
- "Active items" - already working as ...

All these three buttons are already in 3.12.0 version and there were no complain. All these three buttons are out of current system of top-right panel. All these three buttons handle style and content of a map. And because I wanted to create system of "Layers" and system of "Nearest points", for me it's logical step to place them also to left side next to these three buttons. But because of number buttons should be too much, side panel with "map content" (first bottom button) there will collect all these functions and that allows to add option to quickly handle any of them if needed, is quite logical step - all "Map content" at once place easily accessible without need to fiddle with right panel system.

Thanks for an opinions, I'll discuss it with rest of team.

About "same content on two buttons" - first one at bottom is main and it's open should always lead to main map content (it do not work it now). So just open bottom button and use arrow in top left corner to get to main menu.

@balloni55 & @0709 , thanks, I'll check it
@gynta: well, you are right. I also sometimes forget :).
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline michaelbechtold

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2016, 06:39:58 »
Hi Menion, it makes a difference if you have one item of a kind, like the single button for map switch, or the thene switch,  or if something starts to multiply like rabbits. A single rabbitbis cute, if they flood your garden,  you feel differently ...

PS: currently my left hand side is nearly full with blue "rabbits" already,  andd we are just days into that development. And I would even like the idea of making the right hand buttons slimmer. Keeping the hight, though, to avoid tapping errors.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:06:50 by menion »

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2016, 09:08:30 »
Well that's what I thought ... problem is a number for you. In this case, number has increased for one single extra button at bottom, nothing more.

Ok, as I wrote, I'll discuss it with Petr and Michal and consider also your opinions, thanks.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline michaelbechtold

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2016, 09:28:06 »
Sorry, no, this is not increment by one !
If you start to USE the new and good features, then you are cluttered on the left side immediately - and cannot hide it.
And you will add more features over time, which should be accessible at a finger tip - on the bike, in the car, in the wild.
So you will run out of space soon.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2016, 09:57:07 »
If you will want to place all features on screen at once, that yes, you are out of space :).
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline michaelbechtold

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2016, 10:10:24 »
If you will want to place all features on screen at once, that yes, you are out of space :).

The curse of good deeds- there are sooo many useful features :-) !
And I trust there will be more ...

Offline gynta

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2016, 11:40:06 »
After long tap "Datamanager" from top/right panel and choosing "Remove temp map items"
you should also refresh the "eye symbol" status from "map content/Layers/"

Offline tigus

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 13, 2016, 12:20:20 »
Hello everyone.
While I have made very few forum post, I am a member that I like to read discussions about new features and perhaps contribute ideas on the help desk.
In this issue of new blue buttons on the left, I favorable view of michaelbechtold. Today there is already a very good, practical and customizable method of adding actions (buttons) on panels (both top and left). It could also extend to the right pane.
In addition, these blue buttons to be thinner and longer, perhaps hinder their use in small screen devices or people with large fingers.
While it is not our (users) decision making of this or that form the right pane, if it is possible to think and Menion is in doubt, you could put together a survey (vote) at the help desk and know what everyone thinks users who do not read (or participate) in the forum.
Greetings.

Offline gynta

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 13, 2016, 14:48:48 »
@gynta: POI on/off works. ...So better name should be something like "Active points in vector map".
Ah Now i got it - but... seriously? You mix it? brrrr  ;D
What you think about similar to this:

?

Offline gynta

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2016, 22:19:39 »
Quote from: michaelbechtold
FC when trying "Move to ...",  reproducable consistently in German and English UI
Quote from: gynta
move points?
No, gynta, move map. To a geo coordinate. Locus dies before entry of any data.
from "search"  function?

Routing -> FC
what of service?

c'mon michael, give clear error description  :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 22:48:29 by gynta »

Offline michaelbechtold

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2016, 22:37:14 »
Little time. Wake up call at 4 a.m. preparing for Sicily trip - cruising the Island with the help of Locus, of course. But you are right, Menion needs guidance to reproduce.
1)  search function,  them Move to ...,  then dead
2) Routing via button in right panel,  Brouter service is configured in settings. Routing screen does show up,  then dies after a second or so

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk