Live tracking service - let's start

Started by Menion, February 11, 2016, 17:46:31

Menion

Good day guys,
thanks for ideas and discussion. Our main goal with this live tracking system is for now simplicity. This is problem in app itself (where whole live tracking feature is little complicated), but on web page, we will try to keep it clean and simple.

So unfortunately no extra parameters are currently planned except these, that are visible on few days before started web page where you may see your own rooms ( just share key to your own room to get valid "room url" ).

We are thinking just about coordinates and maybe there will be any solution.

And enjoy "Android ecosystem". It is nice that when one app miss some feature, it may be found in different app so thanks Haggi for sharing, hope your tip find out users useful.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

silvermapper

I have become interested in live tracking firstly so that my whereabouts is known on my walks.  Now, I should be pleased to see someone's location from day to day on a pilgrim's way in Spain.  We set up live tracking on Locus Map at More functions/Live tracking and could 'see' each other successfully at our respective homes.  Spain is different: rightly or wrongly, I found myself needing to know his approximate location or having to zoom out so far, and having to download an online map of that area  so that I could 'see' him (I appreciate I could import OSM mapping for Spain, for example).  I tried GPSies through Locus Map next and appreciated immediately the ease with which users are 'seen' or could be selected from a list, even.  Quite by chance, I discovered Live Tracking at http://www.locusmap.eu/live-tracking/.  This seemed easiest of all.  Furthermore, a very small-scale map displays to show all users at once.  I had read about live tracking at http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:functions:live_tracking, but no apparent reference to this web facility surprised me. 
I wished to test the facility today on my walk.  I had Wi-Fi switched off, I had a 4G network showing and the signal was 3/4 or 4/4 bars yet I received a note stating, "Unknown problem  Problem with internet connection!  Java.io.IOException: NetworkError  code:11303".  I gave up after some time and switched from Locus Map to GPSies on my 'phone.  I asked my wife to 'see' me through m.gpsies.com and she could!  I should be grateful if someone could inform me if there are faults with what I have done so far.
  •  

Menion

Good day silvermapper,
sorry to hear about such troubles. Error 11303 is internal Locus Map error that I've already saw before. It happen in cases, Locus Map has some troubles ( more precisely background Android system ) with validation of used Google account ( Google account used to login into Locus Store and also to using this live tracking service ).
I suggest to simply try to open Locus Store in main menu of Locus and if there will be a problem, try simply restart device, it is very universal cure.
Hope it will work fine then.
  •  

silvermapper

menion
I thank you for your suggestions.
I was able to open Locus Store at home, but I powered off my 'phone and on, additionally.  Away from home during the morning, I was presented with a 11303 error message when trying to open Locus Store.  This was no different following powering off my 'phone and on again.  The common element might appear to be Wi-Fi, yet I can obtain Locus Store at home with Wi-Fi turned off.
  •  

sbouju

Hi every body,
Is there another topic about recent and new Locus Map live tracking abilities, as it seems to me that this has happended...?  :)
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: sbouju on April 17, 2018, 09:03:48
Hi every body,
Is there another topic about recent and new Locus Map live tracking abilities, as it seems to me that this has happended...?  :)
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/snail-trail-for-live-tracking
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: sbouju

Menion

Hi guys,
I'm closing this older topic. Live tracking function is on and running for some time so it deserve separate topics for new improvements and problems ;).

For topic related to new live-tracking.locusmap.app web page, please use new topic here: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6509.0 , thanks.
  •