[APP] - version 3.14.x (21. 1. 2016)

Started by Menion, December 18, 2015, 06:41:36

c.s.g.

Hello menion,

Quote from: c.s.g. on January 19, 2016, 09:11:43
But could you display the current TZ when logging a cache / trackable?
Only displaying, nothing more.
Like "Your are logging this cache with UTC+2" or something like that.

After a little thinking about this I think now that this information is not really necessary.

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

Thats what I wanted to hear :). Thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wvb

Quote from: menion on January 18, 2016, 22:06:43
Thanks for opinion. I'm working on it also because of issues with logging in far east (China, Korea, etc.).

Not sure if groundspeak plan to remove TZ (probably not), but all around TZ is handled only in Locus. Unfortunately all years back I had in locus small issue in compute of times, so most of logs were shifted a few hours. And now, after I made a fix, I noticed that settings for timezones is no more needed. Anyway I rather ask if someone may find useful to log a cache a lot later in different TZ for example? I can't imagine it, anyway I rather ask :).

What I often do is create a Field Note with the number of caches found to store the timestamp in Locus.
Then, mostly after the holiday where I did the caching I enter the full text in the Field Notes and upload them (this might be in a different timezone).
If the timestamp in the Field Note isn't altered when changing the contents before uploading (so it always has the initial value) I'm happy :-)

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

•  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: menion on January 18, 2016, 22:06:43Anyway I rather ask if someone may find useful to log a cache a lot later in different TZ for example? I can't imagine it, anyway I rather ask :).
I see no need for that, but thanks.  And I'm indifferent as to whether you simply show the TZ to be used, as suggested above.  (And the logging-in-future bug I mentioned earlier is very low priority for me as well - but might not be for people living in Asia.)

BTW, this short thread on the Groundspeak forums might shed a little light, or just add to the headache.
http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=336593
  •  

zossebart

Hi,

I would like to ask if something changed in the "time to sunset" display in the latrst version(s)? Because it oftentimes displayed "unbekannt" (unknown) in the last days.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: zossebart on January 21, 2016, 09:28:13
oftentimes displayed "unbekannt" (unknown) in the last days
it should work with satfix. maybe you lost gps signal?

Menion

New Beta version 3.14.2.5

Probably latest Beta before release. Release will be probably during Sunday/Monday.
  •  

Andrew Heard

The date for last two betas have been 2015 instead of 2016:

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

•  

zossebart

Quote from: gynta on January 21, 2016, 09:37:50
Quote from: zossebart on January 21, 2016, 09:28:13
oftentimes displayed "unbekannt" (unknown) in the last days
it should work with satfix. maybe you lost gps signal?

You are right! With satfix it's displayed ok. Does it work like this since the feature was introduced? Because it happened to me only recently.
Maybe I changed something in the Android GPS settings, because I recently observed another "new" behaviour: I was used to center the map view with the Button in the bottom left (don't know the exact english name), even without GPS enabled in Locus. I assume the last known SatFix-location or the coarse location from CellTowers/WIFIs was used in this case. But Recently, this does not work any more without enabling GPS. Was there a change in Locus regarding this?
  •  

ta-ka

I just noticed in trip time function that the parameters of the 'Bike family crawl' and 'City cruise' are the same. Please check.
  •  

Menion

@ta-ka: "Same values" - hmm I was sitting for a while under this task with tea during evening and these are best values I was able to get from my head. We will see in practice, if they will be usable anyway I expect modification from time to time based on feedback of users, who use it.
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: menion on January 22, 2016, 14:25:28
"Same values" - hmm I was sitting for a while under this task with tea during evening and these are best values I was able to get from my head. We will see in practice, if they will be usable anyway I expect modification from time to time based on feedback of users, who use it.
Ah, you have an idea behind it, then it's OK. I thought it might be a mistake while creating a new entry by cut & paste.
  •  

ta-ka

•  

Andrew Heard

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •