[APP] - version 3.14.x (21. 1. 2016)

Started by Menion, December 18, 2015, 06:41:36

balloni55

Hi menion
Quote- for Text-to-speech is now possible to choose own localization. Even if Locus will be in English for example, "German text-to-speech" should really speed all in german
generally it work :D thanks!
only in setting dialog it confused at first moment, "test phrase" is furthermore written and announced in english in this case

after update/installation of new version is furthermore 50% offer visible ;)

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Thanks @balloni55 . Incorrect banner fixed by Hanka, she changed it only in English version ;). Incorrect text ... hmm probably some old settings from previous version. Anyway glad it works, it was my biggest worry
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion,
sorry, cant find new function "trip time" :-[  track tool menu???

single and long click on WPT label, nice improvement  :D
jump back to cache details need 3 clicks, if you add "cache details" to selection window only 2 clicks are needed ;)

identically icon black/white with different funktion is this intentionally
white one > Main Menu is opened
black one > Cache detail is opened

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Christian

Quote from: Christian on December 18, 2015, 08:53:24
Nice design. I like it.

File association gpx with Locus is gone :(
No app is linked just now. How to fix it?
Gpx is now linked again to Locus. Thank you.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: tap on any track in list of tracks and under most bottom right button is "more > trip time".

"cache details" ... hmm I hope that one more click won't a problem

icons ... good point. If I'll not forget, I'll ask scinkk for an alternative icon

@Christian: perfect, glad to hear it.
  •  

balloni55

Quotetap on any track in list of tracks and under most bottom right button is "more > trip time"
thanks, found it ;)
two ideas:
- additional checkbox calculation "without time for resting"
- option for user to create own Type and Parameter

Quoteicons ... good point. If I'll not forget
i hope so ;D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: balloni55 on January 17, 2016, 18:48:16
two ideas:
- additional checkbox calculation "without time for resting"
- option for user to create own Type and Parameter
I agree with Balloni - user needs to be able to edit/ delete/ modify the current 3 options "stroll around", "take a walk", "mountain hiker". You will have a stream of requests to improve this.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Stream of requests means frequent usage, which is fine. I'll then maybe consider this. Till then, I just wants to add few more options for cycling. No editing is planned. Too much work for this tiny feature, sorry.
  •  

Menion

Question on all geocachers ... is it useful for anyone (or better, has anyone idea if it may be useful), using of timezone when logging a caches or trackables? What if Locus just use current timezone of user. I'm thinking about removing of this settings. There were some changes and I think this settings is not needed. What you think?
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Hi.  Avid cacher here.  I think we could lose the setting and just use the device's TZ, sure.  (Though I reported an issue with being "too far in the future" when trying to log a cache "now" in Korea.  But even then, TZ was defaulted correctly, and I wasn't about to change what I barely understand the effects of.)

Didn't I read something, maybe on the Groundspeak forums, about them abandoning the TZ field in the API, or something like that?  And just using "noon".  Not sure if I read that there, read that here, or simply dreamt it.  (If it's the latter, I need to get out more...)
  •  

Menion

Thanks for opinion. I'm working on it also because of issues with logging in far east (China, Korea, etc.).

Not sure if groundspeak plan to remove TZ (probably not), but all around TZ is handled only in Locus. Unfortunately all years back I had in locus small issue in compute of times, so most of logs were shifted a few hours. And now, after I made a fix, I noticed that settings for timezones is no more needed. Anyway I rather ask if someone may find useful to log a cache a lot later in different TZ for example? I can't imagine it, anyway I rather ask :).
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on January 18, 2016, 10:37:01
Stream of requests means frequent usage, which is fine. I'll then maybe consider this. Till then, I just wants to add few more options for cycling. No editing is planned. Too much work for this tiny feature, sorry.
Instead of hard coded values (which will be totally irrelevant to some users) why not try to provide more useful options based on existing track history. If there are existing tracks use the moving and elapsed speeds from the min/ avg/ max speeds of the last 10 tracks. If there are tracks with differing profiles try to display options based on those tracks. The system becomes self tuning.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI think we could lose the setting and just use the device's TZ
i agree
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Quote from: Andrew Heard on January 19, 2016, 06:55:40
Quote from: menion on January 18, 2016, 10:37:01
Instead of hard coded values (which will be totally irrelevant to some users) why not try to provide more useful options based on existing track history. If there are existing tracks use the moving and elapsed speeds from the min/ avg/ max speeds of the last 10 tracks. If there are tracks with differing profiles try to display options based on those tracks. The system becomes self tuning.

Because I wants to create a very simple feature without extra options and too much work. One day till I make this work is more then I wanted, to be true. Because I do not think, that this is important feature, no extra tuning is planned. I really wants to create small feature that will be working and useful and forget on it and not spend a week on some self-tuning system. Anyway nice idea.

@balloni55: also thanks for opinion. So I'm going to remove it.
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello menion,

Quote from: menion on January 19, 2016, 09:06:29
@balloni55: also thanks for opinion. So I'm going to remove it.
I agree with balloni55 too.

But could you display the current TZ when logging a cache / trackable?
Only displaying, nothing more.
Like "Your are logging this cache with UTC+2" or something like that.

c.s.g.
  •