AndroidPit-Licensing unreliable

Started by Jollo, April 09, 2011, 12:29:59

crazy-rat

Quote from: "menion"hmm that's bad. Buergi wrote that all works fine. What should I do with this. Looks I'll have to write on support of AndroidPit

I'll think also now, that's a problem with AndroidPit. Today I tried a different app, and there is the same problem.  I'll start a posting in the forum of AndroidPit to this problem.
Hope you and they'll find the problem.

Thx Nils
Your

Nils Stanigel

www.mein-horneburg.de
  •  

AndroidPIT

I feel very sorry to hear about all these problems. I am sure that our licence library works well. I know, however, that it is a pain in the butt to integrate it. So it was us who did a bad job on this. I feel very sorry about it! :(

We will do our best to improve this a soon as possible. I cannot promise that this will be soon. But in the meantime we will do our best to help all of you the best as we can to resolve the current issue with your licences.

All the best,
Fabien of AndroidPIT
  •  

Jollo

Sorry, i can't help with this topic any more cause AndroidPit not just gave me refund on my purchase but deleted it from my profile. So it's like i never bought Locus Pro at all and i don't think i will rebuy it on AndroidPit for further testing (seems like there are enough users here struggeling with this issue).

I doubt, if i will do a purchase on the google market using my GApps-identity. But for now i think i am awaiting a new official phones firmware and reinstall everything after this. If this happens, i'll set my formerly google-account as default and market-related, so i can even install the previously bought apps again.

Good luck using androidpit-apps and many thanks to menion for  keeping up his  good work!
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "AndroidPIT"I feel very sorry to hear about all these problems. I am sure that our licence library works well. I know, however, that it is a pain in the butt to integrate it. So it was us who did a bad job on this. I feel very sorry about it! :(

We will do our best to improve this a soon as possible. I cannot promise that this will be soon. But in the meantime we will do our best to help all of you the best as we can to resolve the current issue with your licences.

All the best,
Fabien of AndroidPIT

Hi Fabien,
  nice to see you here. I don't think it's pain in but. System is same as for Google licence library. Can't be there some problem with caching licence values? I also received few emails with not working application bought through Android market with same problem. After reinstall of Locus, all works fine. Even this is weird, so this should be any problem in Locus, by I have no idea where to search. I did some custom changes to LVL (to prevent enormous hacking - without success anyway), but it was for version 1.5.2 which is not on AndroidPIT yet.

If I can help with anything, let me know.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

buergi

So for me it's still working perfectly as long has i have an internet connection. When i'm offline then after some time the licence trouble begins.
I'll keep on testing and hope for the best. For so long i keep the free version installed in parallel.

I don't know if other apps use different licence concepts, but so far i've never had any problems with apps bought from AndroidPIT.
But do we need those daily licence checks at all? Is once per week or even less often not enough?
I mean, those people who want the Pro "for free" get it anyhow from some dark places in the internet.
But those honest fellows who spend a few bucks for this masterpiece have to suffer.
  •  

crazy-rat

By the way:

I used the HTC Wildfire with the Pro Edition from androidPit. The problem was not solved until now (no prob).
But some told here, that the problem was only, if they have no connection.
In my case it was stayed by WIFI and also at connection by Phone. (Just as a note)

Also I see after Ending the App and seen the Sense parts there comes an Error " Problems with connection to the App Center".

Thx Nils
Your

Nils Stanigel

www.mein-horneburg.de
  •  

buergi

Yea crazy-rat is right, i noticed the same some days ago, even with wifi connection.
Now i guess it really has nothing to do with the AndroidPIT server, the problem must be somewhere different.
Since I really never had such a problem with other software bought at AndroidPIT, there still has to be a bug in Locus i guess.
  •  

Menion

So you think that mistake is in Locus? This is really weird because I'm using default settings. Have to check it ...
  •  

crazy-rat

I'll think it#s more an error in the market connetifity. I used Locus Pro in the v1.5.1 and v1.6. In both versions the error is available.
But in another program "Regen-Radar Plus" (GM and OSM-Version) from AndroitPit I get the notice "This program is not legaly installed." But it works sometimes. Same as in your program.
I don't know, what was happened with other apps, but I think, that was also happened.
I hope that the problem will be solved by you, the team of AndroitPit and Google in the future.
Your

Nils Stanigel

www.mein-horneburg.de
  •  

sitevnic

Hi!
The same problem like people above. But my problem starts week after I was online with my cellphone. My version of LocusPro is 1.5.2 - it was last version available week ago on Android Market. Right now I'll be offline during next 5 weeks. Is it possible to download license from AndroidPit by computer and just copy it someweher to my cellphone?
Right now I have only acces to internet through satelite and no WiFi...
  •  

crazy-rat

I used the version downloaded a few days ago. Same problems.
But in the other apps the error was corrected.

I'll think, you should make a app, just to update the free version to a Pro version.

And not to design a complete pro edition. Maybe the problem is solved with an smaller update version?!
Your

Nils Stanigel

www.mein-horneburg.de
  •  

sitevnic

Recently I've download latest version 1.72 (or 1.74 don't remember) and right now it is not possible to go offline mode or data transfer off mode. Without data transfer active Locus Pro allways inform about not licensed version. So now I can use it only when I'm online. Before it was possible to use it for 7 days offline.
  •  

Menion

Hi Marcin,
  I do not had time to response on your email. This is really weird issue. There have to be some problem with caching licence into storage. It's pretty interesting for me that other apps works. Anyway I'll do some improvements on caching licence response and let me know after next version will be out please (probably in Friday)

anyway sorry for troubles ...
  •  

Menion

hi guys,
  I'm doing some improvements on Android market licencing and also on AndroidPIt licencing. Do you have still some issue? I actually released new version on market with some new improvements, so now all have to work fine. I hope. Let me know if any problems remain ...
  •  

minze

Yes, I bought Locus Pro (actually Version 1.8.4) some days ago on Android Market and I have the same problems.  Everything is fine when I'm online, but if I go offline I sooner or later get this this "This program is not legaly installed" notice.

It's a pity, it's such a great App and I bought it especially for using it offline....
  •