Its to easy to unintentinally delete a just recording track

Started by rainer042, June 21, 2015, 14:43:35

rainer042

Hi,

recently I recorded a track and when I wanted to stop recording I pressed the "record"-button (red square button in track recording sidebar) and my just recorded track was immediately deleted. I know now I should have pressed the "Pause" button first and then the "record" button. However since I did not want to pause but terminate/save the recoding I thought a press on "record" would do the job. Well it didn't and my track was lost   :(

The problem is that this "record" button has two very different functions depending on the state locus track recording is just in:
1. Store a track if recording is paused
2. Delete a track being just actively recorded

So I would strongly vote in case of (2.) to insert a request for the user to confirm that he really wants to delete his track recording or to insert a third button, so that there a three buttons in the side bar: Start/stop recording, Pause recording and Delete just recorded track.

Have a nice day
Rainer
  •  

Menion

Hello Rainer,

sorry for a troubles, but what version are you using?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on June 21, 2015, 14:55:38
Hello Rainer,

sorry for a troubles, but what version are you using?
@menion isn't this the 3.9.1.6 bug? the behavior explained by @rainer042 is what I experienced with 3.9.1.6, but certainly yesterday with 3.9.3 correct behavior was restored, that is - tapping the red stop record button displayed the "save track" dialog, certainly no automatic delete.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

jop, 3.9.1.6 and unfortunately also 3.9.2 version that was for a few hours published on Google Play as regular version. Few users, probably also Rainer, updated just on this version and not on, around two hours later, coming 3.9.3 where all is working as expected ... stupid issue caused by changes in timestamps.
  •  

rainer042

Hello,

thanks for the answer. I recently received an upgrade from play store. At the moment I run 3.9.3. With this version behaviour is different. Tapping the red stop button leads me to the track save activity. So it seems I simply recorded the track at the wrong time using the version that had the bug.
Anyway, now it is fixed and the behaviour of locus is "save" now.

Thanks a lot
Rainer
  •  

Menion

Exactly ... wrong timing. Track recording in Locus is, after years, quite robust and this is really bad example of wrong coding & testing. Very sorry for this!!
  •