Beep when auto screen ON (navigation)

Started by fingret, June 04, 2015, 15:47:31

fingret

Hi

I'm using locus mainly for navigation when on a bicycle. The auto screen ON is great because it saves me alot of battery. But is there any way to tell locus to make a beep-sound when the screen turns auto ON?

Too many notifications are lost because I dont look at the screen much when riding my bicycle, and I don't want to use the TTS (bicycling in town, people think I'm crazy or dumb if using TTS...). I just want a normal beep-sound when the screen turns auto-on... how?

I'm not using guiding, only navigation.
  •  

Menion

Hello flingret,

may you describe me, how you use "Screen on/off Control" settings, when you do not use TTS for navigation? Because this feature should work correctly only when using TTS. Anyway I agree that it looks silly when TTS starts to speak right when you ride next to group of people, very funny sometimes :).

Problem here, is that navigation allows only voice output. Not a vibrate or beeps as guidance. So this is main missing feature here. And I'm currently not sure, if such feature is needed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fingret

Quote from: menion on June 05, 2015, 09:38:23
Hello flingret,

may you describe me, how you use "Screen on/off Control" settings, when you do not use TTS for navigation? Because this feature should work correctly only when using TTS.

My settings:

I'm not doing anything special to get this to work... I use brouter for offline routing. Added "navigate to" to function panel and using that button... Screen lights up and turns off as I want, but I have TTS off.
  •  

Menion

Ah you use only notification when you are too far away from track. Then I really suggest very nice solution from 0709 (if you make it working), because it will do exactly what you wants
  •  

fingret

Quote from: menion on June 05, 2015, 15:50:40
Ah you use only notification when you are too far away from track. Then I really suggest very nice solution from 0709 (if you make it working), because it will do exactly what you wants

I get notifications even when I am on track. For example before a turn, on track, screen lights up. No TTS.
  •  

Menion

hmm well, it was unwanted effect in previous version. Now since next version it will be (screen on) related to voice notification, sorry :).
  •  

fingret

Quote from: menion on June 05, 2015, 16:24:07
hmm well, it was unwanted effect in previous version. Now since next version it will be (screen on) related to voice notification, sorry :).

:'(  ;)
  •