[APP] - version 3.9.x (29. 6. 2015)

Started by Menion, May 22, 2015, 14:36:43

prawns

Mine was working fine to post to facebook last night (shared multiple tracks to my facebook as a test)

But this morning - back to error. I got the both the errors exactly as they appeared below - They appear in a orange box at the bottom of locus and say
"Facebook
Bad Request"

then after a couple seconds the orange box disapears and another orange box pops up saying "process unsuccessful"

Tried signing into facebook from locus (click the "door" icon up the top right of page) and it says "login valid" but still errors with the above errors again if i try to post

Wierd - worked last night so i did a couple tests

My shorter recorded tracks are posting fine (eg 15km trips) but when i try to post a 88km trip i get the error. Tried a couple times for the same result (shorter tracks working, longer tracks not)

I took screenshots but cant see a button to attach them, so I included the links of them to photobucket (first 2 are errors, last ones a successful post of a shorter track and what it looks like on facebook)

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy252/prawns100/Edited/Screenshot_2015-05-24-08-55-59.png~original

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy252/prawns100/Edited/Screenshot_2015-05-24-08-56-03.png~original

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy252/prawns100/Edited/Screenshot_2015-05-24-09-06-44.png~original

jusc

Quote from: gynta on May 23, 2015, 16:00:04
About news http://www.locusmap.eu/news-version-3-9-0/
Share your tracks on Facebook!

I really don't care about fb - and now i have an unwanted function in trackmenu. great - we talked hours about important entries and now i have this piece... right in my face :-X called f*book

Perhaps there should be only the "Share" action (without Facebook) and after tapping on the known "Share symbol"  you get the choice to share with email, Facebook, WhatsApp and so on?
Regards J.
  •  

john_percy

Since the latest upgrade my 4×1 widget has started locking up randomly. The pause button goes amber, just as when initialising on start up, and no button works. I can access Locus from the apps drawer or from a shortcut, just not the widget. This may be solely a phone issue though, as I have been having random problems with my moto g of late.
Edit: I checked carefully after my latest lock-up of the widget and everything else on phone is working.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@prawns, @jusc : Facebook denied my request on display Locus in list of supported applications, probably due to login system I created in Locus. So I had to remove my system and integrated new based on Facebook library for Android. So hope that if there were any issues with login, they will be no more.

About sharing track and "process unsuccesful" - it should be probably because track is too long. I'll try to reduce it a little more.

Any why just recorded tracks for now? Try to share it and see your Facebook page on desktop, not in mobile! You will see that Facebook generates quite nice preview with track. it's their system for sharing sport activities that Locus use now. Anyway we have in mind a system for sharing also created tracks, so it will come.

And about button "Share" that offer more options - agree, should be useful. Just ... do it.

@john_percy: hmm weird, hard to say where is problem. I'll test widget on my device more carefully ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Quote from: Joachim Buhl on May 22, 2015, 20:32:56
Hello

Change log: Bug-fixes: fix: convert trackpoint to waypoint now use correct index on track (in case of more trackpoints on on place)

No, doesn't work!!!!!
What do you need Menion? Pictures? Track? Money? Training? Holiday?

Bye

I'm still waiting ... hmm

Imported your track to Locus database, converted point 19 to "turn right", converted point 73 to "turn around". Started navigation and in both directions, Locus correctly notified, firstly to turn right, later to turn around.

So if you have any problem, describe it step by step so I can simulate it and don't waste my time with attached file and no comment.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: jusc on May 24, 2015, 09:02:22Perhaps there should be only the "Share" action (without Facebook) and after tapping on the known "Share symbol"  you get the choice to share with email, Facebook, WhatsApp and so on?
Quote from: menion on May 25, 2015, 16:18:27
about button "Share" that offer more options - agree, should be useful.
+1 for "share" solution. good idea juergen!

Joachim Buhl

Hello Menion

Sorry, but with your comment you crossed a line you should not cross.
I'm wasting your time? Thats really funny. I think all the users here who tested the navigation system invested much more time for testing it and finding bugs than you for programming it.

Last time I explained the problem in detail step by step, it was to much pictures for you and no track.
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4533.msg36620#msg36620
Than I posted the track to the explanation one day later and it was 7 times downloaded. Also from you? And reviewed with the explanation?

I personally like Locus alot. I have great respect for your work and possibility to have direct contact to you here in the forum.
But you should also respect, what your users are doing here. You get so much support, bug findings, ideas, productive discussions and so on. And we are all not earning money with it and do that in our free time.

I assume that sometimes you are frustrated when you implement a masterpiece of programming and nobody recognizes it. And we users are sometimes frustrated, if some "easy" operations does not work and we cannot understand why.

So lets get over the frustration and come back to a respectful working together.
I apologize for the aggressiv undertone and hope to get the problems sorting out.

What else than the track and explanation you need?

Bye

•  

Menion

Joachim, problem here is, that You, 0709, Christian and few others, discuss about guidance and navigation system in Locus on many many places and about many many features, improvements etc.

And to be true, I'm totally lost in all this. I have usually absolutely no idea, what you want from me. I wrote this to Willy (0709) and fortunately he started to separate his ideas to separate topics, but even with this, I usually really lost in it ... and why?

Features I personally use, or I may simply test, cause no big troubles. But some advanced methods You use on bike ... it's far beyond my usage of Locus on bike. Because of this, every change is a lot more complicated to create and mainly to create correctly.

You wrote, you spend a lot of time testing, reporting, etc. Well, I do not know who spend more, it is not important, but I definitely know, that without push on guidance/navigation system from You and others, I'll never personally do something like this! There is never-ending row of ideas to do and I usually prefer ideas, that I may use in life. Then I know what exactly do and how to test it.

Anyway thank you for pointing on correct post with extra data. I still see no problem in how Locus works now, anyway I'll try to test it tomorrow and give you some feedback.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: Joachim Buhl on May 26, 2015, 21:29:10
But you should also respect, what your users are doing here. You get so much support, bug findings, ideas, productive discussions and so on. And we are all not earning money with it and do that in our free time.
I'm amazed every day by amount of work that users put in Locus. And I believe that I do in most time, best what I can.

Quote from: Joachim Buhl on May 26, 2015, 21:29:10
What else than the track and explanation you need?
And here comes interesting part. I've tested it and it worked. But now I found one more issue that seems to cause troubles to you. So give a try next version. And btw. expect that it may not work again, as usually. My development is iterative process, so it may not work again!
  •  

balloni55

while playing with geocaching line tool
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/can-i-shoot-and-triangulate-multiple-bearings
locus freeze :-[
for this use i want copy the lenght value e.g. 5000 meters to clipboard for quick insert in following projections
If i write value and mark it to copy it to clipboard, this is not possible and if i long click on marked value locus freeze :o
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

main menu items change
and set function for panel ->

The item "Point of interest" exist twice
one in "function" - the other one is in "screen"

Menion

@balloni55: may you please create a log for me? Because this do not happen on my device, thanks!

@gynta: nice, thanks
  •  

balloni55

Quote@balloni55: may you please create a log for me? Because this do not happen on my device, thanks!
log send
Your request (#7157) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

thank you for your logs. This is really weird, because I'm unable to find reason for this. It crash in some part of code, where it looks like you had to press "back" button in moment, Locus is not running. And this is probably impossible in this moment.

Heh, hard to say what to do with it. I hope, it will happen to me to, one day ... :).
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hello menion, two remarks from current version:

- duplicate menu entry in Settings/GPS and position:
  - Attitude manager
  - Elevation correction
  open the same dialogue

- please change the icon of items in Data/Items to png image if item having it's png image
  example: parking.gpx + parking.png -> show parking.png for parking.gpx in the list
  •