Custom maps + Custom Brouter

Started by kalleb, May 19, 2015, 17:00:24

kalleb

Thank you for a great app!

I am riding adventure motorcycles and finding a good app has proved hard. You seem to be it.

Firstly, the OSM does not contain the small roads, so with the Tweak I got the Eniro apps for Scandinavia. Already, that is great.

Secondly, I see you have Brouter as navigation option, but how do I do to get my custom Brouter routingfile to be used?

Thirdly, if the above is not possible, can i tweak routing by saying i prefer gravel and want to avoid tarmac?

Ideal would be that Brouter uses Eniro maps for routing, avoiding tarmac.

Also, I have some tomtom waypointsfiles that are correctly displayed in Locus - but I do not get navigation to the first waypoint, neither does it calculate route between the displayed waypoints (this is a feature in Osmand that is really useful). How do I solve this?

Thanks
  •  

Andrew Heard

Maybe check out http://brouter.de/brouter/profiles2/?C=M;O=A for profiles. Maybe compare trekking.& fastbike.brf for differences. trekking.avoids larger roads (generally sealed) whereas fastbike prefers sealed roads (which I use). These files are plain text so you can experiment with modifying the "cost" of different route choices but it is quite tricky. You can also upload your script directly into http://brouter.de/brouter-web/ which is nice for experimenting too. Finally the guys on the BRouter Google group have been really nice in answering my questions.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

jusc

Maybe there is another problem. If OSM maps do not contain small roads, BRouter canĀ“t work correctly, because BRouter is based on OSM too.
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: kalleb on May 19, 2015, 17:00:24
Ideal would be that Brouter uses Eniro maps for routing, avoiding tarmac.
It does not matter which map you are using. BRouter works without maps.
The route is created by his own "segment" files - based on OSM projekt data.
So you can also the "blank" map.
Quote from: kalleb on May 19, 2015, 17:00:24Secondly, I see you have Brouter as navigation option
BRouter only create a track (from - to) with limited traffic rules.
"Navigation" isn't a part of BRouter.