Use Locus Pro with Pebble via "Pebble Navigation" App

Started by blueberry63, April 12, 2015, 17:41:42

blueberry63

Hello,

I am new with Locus Pro and I thought I could use it with my Pebble Smartwatch with the help of the "Pebble Navigation" App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webmajstr.pebble_gc&hl=de

I installed both the app on android and the Watchapp on Pebble. Then I activated the interface in Locus:
Share&Export - Plain Text - Share - Pebble Navigation

... and started a Navigation (also tried Guiding). My expactation was, that the arrow on the Pebble would lead to the next point of the track. But it seems that the first coordinates (when activating the interface) will be set and never changed.

Do I have a wrong understanding/expactation or is this a bug?
Has someone the same constallation?

Regards
Blueberry63
  •  

Menion

Hello,

I'm worried that nothing like this will work. If you use Locus share feature, then only single coordinates are send. There is no way to simply send periodically coordinates from guidance/navigation feature without using Locus API. And Locus API may use only developers and include it in their app. So sorry, but without work of developers of mentioned app, this cannot work.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

blueberry63

Hi Menion,

I have send an EMail to the developer of "Pebble Navigation" App and asked him to get in contact with you. I would really appreciate if I could use my Pebble Smartwatch for Track Navigation/Guidance when Mountain Biking (then I can leave the Mobile phone in my rucksack).

Regards
Blueberry63

P.S.: Anyway many thanks for this great navigation app !!!
  •  

WebMajstr

Hello!

I'm the developer of discussed app. Unfortunately, I currently have no time to continue to develop the app, but as the code is available on github (https://github.com/WebMajstr-/pebble-navigation) everyone can make the changes and make a pull request back to the source.

Cheers, Nace
  •  

Menion

Hello Nace,

thank you for your information. Same time troubles not just on your side. Anyway many active users exists around Locus, so maybe someone may contribute to your project! We will see ;).
  •  

blueberry63

Hello,

is there anything I can do to push the development? Shall I place a request in the pebbel delveloper forum or what would be the best way?

Blueberry63
  •  

Menion

Clone me :)

Not sure ... maybe hope, that someone will be interested in some easier learning task ...
  •