Live Tracking by NeoCortex

Started by Julix Pawel, November 20, 2014, 22:01:06

Julix Pawel

Hej guys,

i know gynta has allready done a realy good job on this one, but i thought i might give it a shot.

This is a fun-project i do in my freetime. And even i realy don't like javascript it has come to a point where it might be usefull.
So if you want to help me out by stresstesting this thing.

Set your live tracking to:

http://neo.universal-systems.de/locus/data.php

Methode: POST

• lat
  • lon
  • time seconds
  • uname your_nick
  • room your_room

Once two or more people are in the same room, you will see all of them in there.
So you might want to keep your roomname secret between you and your friends ;)

You can view your room at: http://neo.universal-systems.de/locus/
Which should also work great on android Smartphones with a screen of 5" or more. Tested on a OnePlus One.

So let me know what you guys think and thanks to all Locus developers for such a mighty App!
  •  

gynta

[DE]
Kurz und knackig umgesetzt. Funktionierte wie angegeben und erwartet. Gute Idee mit den "Räumen"

Auf den ersten Blick aufgefallen ist mir:

Lass nur einen bestimmten Zeichensatz zur Raumeingabe zu.
Dann muß man sich auch nicht wundern wenn es nicht gleich klappt.

Die deutsche "Oberfläche" sollte in englisch gehalten werden. Du postest es ja hier auch im englisch sprachigen Bereich.
Quote"Bitte gib einen Room an, den du einsehen möchtest:" 
"einen Room" - brrrr ;)

Ich hoffe immer noch, daß Menion endlich seine ToDo Liste wie angekündigt abarbeitet und die buddy tracking Funktion angeht. Dann kann ich den Testserver endlich mal abdrehen :)

edit
Quote from: Julix Pawel on November 20, 2014, 22:01:06
Which should also work great on android Smartphones with a screen of 5"...
Könnte eng werden :o
evtl. verzichtest du auf den Grafikschnickschnack oben.

Julix Pawel

@gynta
Danke für's Feedback. Eine vernüftige Übersetzung in's englische werde ich die Tage mal drüber hauen.
Denke die meisten die hier testen verstehen kein Deutsch.

Sicherheitslücken wie die Überprüfung bei der Namenseingabe hat das Ding sicher noch viele.
Da muss ich dann auch noch mit nem Adlerauge drüber.

@0709
Currently there is no timeout, but that's a good idea. Will think about that, thanks!
You can send a position with one nickname and then change the uname to another nickname to
produce some "fake"-people right now ;) if you want to see some more dots on the map.

Remember this is a work-in-progress and pretty much in alpha-state right now.
  •  

Julix Pawel

Quote from: 0709 on November 21, 2014, 00:01:25
(...)
Question: Is the position of friends also visible directly in Locus app (vector) map ?  Or only in the webpage ?
(...)
Ooooh, but where did you find my picture on the internet ? :P :-[

Till now it's only visible on the webpage. Can locus pull the information for a POI from a sql server?
Got your picture from google image search :P

I'll will be on vacation for a week with my girlfriend, so don't wonder why nothing will happen in this week and i don't respond.
Best regards, NeoCortex
  •  

Julix Pawel

Back from vacation :)

But pretty much out of ideas what to do more to the site.
  •  

Julix Pawel

moved to a different server, first post updated with new links
  •  

druki

Hi, I have tested it: It's nice, I like it!
Some ideas:
- to keep roomname simple but unique, you could combine it with a field which holds a "password". Or use basic auth to make it safe and noone can guess a room name.
- show last known time of user on map (or at his name button)
- make (own?) POIs deletable
- make rooms deletable (see also first suggestion for safety)
- define an administrator user for a room (the user who created the room) to be able to delete users of own room/POIs of own room/own room

I would prefer to see my room in Locus via api, because of loading maptiles in Google and having no big dataflat (and it's easier without app switching to see buddies).

Thanks for sharing this service!
  •  

gynta

Quote from: druki on December 06, 2014, 01:04:36- to keep roomname simple but unique, you could combine it with a field which holds a "password". Or use basic auth to make it safe and noone can guess a room name.
...but the room name IS the password. Feel free to choose "test" OR "h0Gw#xZ5"  ;)

Julix Pawel

Quote from: druki on December 06, 2014, 01:04:36
(...)
I would prefer to see my room in Locus via api, because of loading maptiles in Google and having no big dataflat (and it's easier without app switching to see buddies).
(...)

We would need to write a locus plugin for this, right?
  •  

greendragon

Hi Julix,
ist Dein Server down? Ich kann nicht auf die Seite zugreifen.
  •