[APP] - version 3.4.X+ (updated 7.11.2014)

Started by Menion, November 07, 2014, 18:01:38

Menion

uff this was hard :). Confirmed and fixed, thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: menion on December 04, 2014, 13:54:13
Is there possibility to test this map on some application that use older official V3 version of MapsForge library (so same as creates base of Locus)?
I'm afraid I don't know what application fits the bill. The map displays OK on Emux's Atlas & Cruiser.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jusc

@John,
I have tested an older map of GB with an older version of your Voluntary Hike theme. This works for me, no missing road pieces. But in this case the city names are much smaller.
Regards J.
  •  

john_percy

@jusc: It's not related to the theme or the size of the town names - all themes have the same missing road segments at these zooms on this particular map. The Wales map from the Locus store behaves OK, but not the current OpenAndroMaps UK one. Christian says it happens with other maps as well, so it's a "known bug".
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jusc

Ok, I have downloaded the latest GB map from OpenAndroMaps and can reproduce the problem. But is it really a bug of Locus, if older maps work?
Regards J.
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: menion on December 04, 2014, 18:24:06
uff this was hard :). Confirmed and fixed, thanks
Oops, I was too optimistic. :P Thank you for the fix. :)
  •  

Menion

@gynta: I've tried several simulators and also on my old Xoom with A4.2.0 , widget has correct size 3x1. Are you using any special home launcher?

@jusc: I think, that something has change in format of mapsforge maps with their latest release. Something that do not break compatibility with older format, but that Locus is not able to recognize correctly. Unfortunately this is quite complicated to solve for now as in MapsForge was quite a lot of changes and their library in Locus is also from big part overwrote (even a reading from files has changed little bit). So information that currently interest me, is that these new maps works correctly in old MapsForge library.
  •  

jusc

At the moment I don´t know how I can test it.
The OpenAndroMaps are rendered with Mapsforge version 3 as I know. And it´s strange, that only two zoom levels are not working with  very few tiles.
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on December 05, 2014, 05:49:07
@gynta: I've tried several simulators and also on my old Xoom with A4.2.0 , widget has correct size 3x1. Are you using any special home launcher?
Nope the SGTab10.1 (4.0.4) is absolutely untouched - no modifications or special apps.
For me that's not a problem - I don't use the Tab in the wild - it's only for your information...

Tobias

Quote from: jusc on December 05, 2014, 11:22:37
At the moment I don´t know how I can test it.
The OpenAndroMaps are rendered with Mapsforge version 3 as I know. And it´s strange, that only two zoom levels are not working with  very few tiles.

The newest maps are using a new snapshot, which improves map writing speed and solves problems with huge polygons. See here:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mapsforge-dev/TeItJ4hdkNc/Q72iOyrnj18J
Best regards,
Tobias
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,

@gynta: I wasn't able to find a real reason, why widget on your tablet has only 2 columns, interesting. For now, I'll leave it. We will see how many people will have this problem and in worst case, I'll create some testing version with more widgets. Unfortunately every device manufacturer who modify original stock home screen, improve also sizing of widgets ...

Problem with problematic tiles on vector maps will be on long evening(s). Seems that it's not related to new mapsWriter. Our new generated maps has a same problem, interesting (we use really old version of MapWriter and definitely not the new one).

And btw. RC version uploaded :). Thanks for feedback and nice evening!
  •  

balloni55

Thanks for new BETA V 3.4.0.5
"distance" and "time" value reset in widget > solved :)
blue circle arround paused button in widget >perfect  ;)

#78 no answer no solution ???

Settings/Map objects&style/Show labels(Tracks) "always" or "on hover" there is no label visible at start- or endpoint :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@balloni: answer to #78 is for example in my post above or partially in separate topic here http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4314.0

About "not visible label" - interesting, for me it works. I'm trying to check some possible combinations with "on click" action and icon style, but all works. Hmm. Did you tried some other settings with same result?
  •  

balloni55

Quote@balloni: answer to #78 is for example in my post above
sorry my fault :-X i meant my own post #77
QuoteAbout "not visible label"
now i get a label at start of track with setting "always" but not at stop of track. But i think at stop of track it isn´t necessary, so delete "stop" in discription
With setting "on hover " i see no label
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zp7bdpblytofj5k/video_2.mp4?dl=0

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

new morning, new challenge ;)

1. export track to dropbox is not possible, see screenshot.... on next click Locus freeze :-[

2. Map preview in list of tracks is not visible, although in track details map is loaded. In old tracks stored map preview work. Perhaps it depend on "new Vectormap" i have downloaded yesterday.

- start locus with locus icon in widget
- display widget in foreground, locus run furthermore in background.
- now it is not possible to get locus in foreground with click on locus icon on widget

EDIT: 2. now i noticed that maps are visible, but nearly transparent

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •