Display activation by gesture control not working

Started by shushuk, October 02, 2014, 12:32:04

shushuk

Hi everybody,
I would like to move a topic already discussed in german forum (but not solved) here. Thanks to user 0709 so far !!!

Short description:
I am using Locus Pro 3.2.3 on a Motorola Defy (Stock Rom) and would like to use the feature display activation by gesture control. Anzeige-->Display(de)Aktivierung (in german version) is ON with the gesture control option set.

Proximity sensor is working (tested with the app Proximity Sensor Finder). At least it switches between 3 and 100 cm (nothing inbetween)

Does anybody else have had this problem and found a solution?
Should I wait for next official version with an (hopefully) updated gesture control feature?

Thanks for any help
shushuk
  •  

Menion

hmm 100 cm is really weird and is quite close to "nonsense", sorry. usually sensors has range 5 - 10cm. Their main purpose is to turn off screen when you put device close to head and 100 cm? :)

Also better then "wave once/wave twice", try "move hand before sensor once/twice". I found laying hand before sensor and back a lot more precise then wave that is not always correctly registered.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

shushuk

Very, very funny, gynta.

Back to Topic:
The proximity Sensor definitely is working. It seems to show all (3cm) or nothing (100cm).
During a Phone call it works perfectly (just like in the Video). So no screwdriver is needed.

Could any other Defy-user check this feature?
Thanx
  •  

shushuk

Hi again,
I updated Locus to Version 3.3.0, unfortunately no change with gesture-controlled Display activation on a Defy....
This is definitely not critical for me of course. But a bit sad though as it would make things easier on the bike.

Regards
shushuk
  •