3d view and other issues

Started by David Aliperti, August 26, 2014, 22:41:45

David Aliperti

i have downloaded locus free, till now my gps experiences is about the car's tom tom
so I need some help to use this app properly
first I expected to find a point, to drive to it seeing the way in 3d on my display as google navigator, is this feature available?
other is about off line maps
i downloaded map of my surrounding and  put in off line my phone (except the gps) I set offline mode  but still to refresh map when zooming map it gives me the
  •  

Menion

Good day David,

- first important information is that Locus is mainly for a hike & bike and it's not primary an car navigation.

- 3D view is completely missing in Locus, only available is basic 2D

- seems that your last sentence is missing some "words"? Becuase sorry, but I do not perfectly understand. If you downloaded any maps and Locus still require internet, please try to describe what exactly you did, because there is a lot of possibilities. Also suggest to check some basic already wrote here http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:main

Feel free to ask if something is not clear.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

David Aliperti

I read the manual include, ind figired out that any itinerary is available only with an internet connection:
So if I plan to go in an area where non internet is available how do I create any path?
and in case want to create it on a pc what is the best app to do it?  google earth?
  •  

Menion

Hello David,

I'm not experienced with desktop tools, so I can't help here. Anyway you may plan it directly in Locus. Please read this

http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:functions:add_new_route_measure , mainly set button '5' ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

David Aliperti

I am sorry to bother you,  but how can.I compute a route  on the smartphone without data connection? Can I do it with the only GPS connection?
  •  

Christian

You need an offline routing tool like Brouter and some downloaded STRM-data files for altitude.
You will find a lot of information about these in the manual and for sure here in the forum.
Edith adds: best tool for planing tours and drawing computed tracks is Locus. (for me).
You can bring Locus to desktop by intalling it into a virtual environment.
  •