How to display the statistics of a specific section of a track?

Started by nino, July 24, 2014, 00:20:26

nino

Hi,
Is there a possibility in Locus Pro to display the statistics of a specific section of a track?
Let's say I have a track starting at point A via points B and C to point D and I'm interested in how much distance and elevation change it would be from point B to point C. So far what I've been doing is splitting the original track at B and C to find out that information. However, I wonder if there isn't a more straightforward way to do this without creating and having to clean up up temporary tracks.

Thanks!
  •  

Menion

Good day nino,

unfortunately this is not yet possible in Locus. Currently for more advanced statistics over your recorded tracks, is required to use some more advanced desktop or web tool.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

That leads me directly to my next question, written here in http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3699.msg6888.msg#6888 and
http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/statistic_of_tracks also:
There are some news about implementing statistics?

Christian

*statistics become more and more important to me... Anybody else?
  •  

Menion

ah here on forum is this long story ... I knew I saw it somewhere :)

Christian, I currently do not know, what to do sooner, so I would like to do, but currently (during next few weeks) it's not possible ...
  •  

nino

Hi menion and Christian,

thanks for your replies!

I like Christian's proposal to "let the user choose the part he wants to analyze using sliders" but personally, I'd prefer to adjust the range completely freely - just like in Garmin Basecamp. It would be perfect if the range could be defined either in the diagram or on the track on the map.

I'd be mainly interested in the distance and the accumulated elevation change uphill as well as downhill with respect to this user defined range. My "use case" is also planning (mountainbike) tours (while) in the alps. Sometimes theses figures are important to assess if it's feasible to bike only a part of a track, e.g. when time is limited.

Should I post this in the wishlist section, too, or is is this place ok for it to be taken into consideration?

nino
  •  

Menion

I you find some time, put it please on help.locusmap.eu. Even it may looks, that I do not implement ideas from there last weeks, I still watch and monitor everything that happen there. And also monitor votes which helps a lot to decide what to do ;) (so don't forget to vote for what you are interested)
  •  

Christian

Nino, if you are interested we can collect all existing snippets regarding statistics in this forum together and merge them with your and mine ideas and put it on the help site.
Menion, thank you four keeping the hope ;)
  •  

Menion

Hope is the least I can do for you.  I thanks for understanding. There is so much interesting ideas and so much work and some tasks takes so much time... :)
  •  

Christian

Uhhh, @menion! that sounds like heavy work overload.
Instead of coding the whole night or hanging around in the forum you can also relax for a while. Take care of you!
  •  

Christian

If anyone interested to get enhanced statistic and usability for lapse feel free to extend the idea and vote here.
  •