Author Topic: Offline navigation - GraphHopper - preparation  (Read 100766 times)

Offline Bucky Kid

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
Re: Offline navigation - GraphHopper - preparation
« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2018, 08:39:53 »
Is the GraphHopper offline routing "project" dead?
No it is not. 0.12-SNAPSHOT is current version.
I'd be interested if turn costs and graph sorting collision was already sorted out.

Offline john_percy

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: MotoG
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2018, 13:34:28 »
Graphhopper hike and bike routing data are available once again at https://graphhopper.develar.org/ .
Car routing data is not currently available as it does not work satisfactorily (I presume).
Thanks to develar.

The following users thanked this post: menion

Offline MH100181

• View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime
« Reply #257 on: October 26, 2018, 02:48:30 »
Hi. And you can link to 0.2.0 data generator provided by Minion

Offline john_percy

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 22, 2018, 12:37:28 »
Car routing data is not currently available as it does not work satisfactorily (I presume).
Car routing data is now available for download again at https://graphhopper.develar.org/#maps (as in the first post in this thread) along with
  • pedestrian or walking with priority for more beautiful hiking tours (hike)
  • trekking bike avoiding hills (bike2)
  • mountain bike
  • racing bike
This seems to work fine with the Locus add on (link in the first post again), though avoid highways/tolls/unpaved road options are not available.
Thanks again to develar.

The following users thanked this post: pelsta

Offline pelsta

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: K&M Drive2
« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2018, 17:43:56 »
Wow GraphHopper is very, very, very fast now!
Good job!
Thanks for the Christmas gift.
Waiting for the version with avoid highways/tolls/unpaved road options.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 17:47:53 by pelsta »

Offline srtie4k

• View Profile
  • Device: Moto X4
« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2019, 17:19:52 »
I'm less interested in hike/bike/mtb profiles and really just want car, especially to save space.

Have the sorting and turn costs issues been worked out? Are the current routing profiles by develar generated using the latest graphhopper master, or 0.12 snapshot? I see that the config file has changed in the latest master release.

I'm also very interested in motorcycle profile. Anyone know if this works offline?

If anyone has tips on these current profiles and which version of graphhopper to use to generate, it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline ThomasD.

• View Profile
    • decker4u.de
  • Device: Kyocera Duraforce Pro + Sony Xperia Z 3 Tablet Compact
« Reply #261 on: January 26, 2019, 16:15:54 »
I can´t get GH to work. I have installed AddonGraphHopper_16_0.7_release.apk and GH data via Locus action button. When I start the Addon, it just shows me the content of the data directory (here: germany.osm). I can click on it, but I can´t select it in any way.

In Locus I can select GH as offline service, but there are no routing profiles offered to me (if I click on the little symbol with the three lines on the right site) as in GH online or BRouter.
These routing profiles are missing in the route planner, too.

If I select a crossing on the map and use it at navigation destination from the flyout, I get the error popup: Graphhopper cannot load notes.

I don´t know if it´s important, but I store all my maps on external SD. GH data are correctly copied to the external directory defined in settings.

Any hint please what to do?

Regards,
Tom

Offline john_percy

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 28, 2019, 12:04:42 »
I'll attempt to show what I get, though the forum doesn't seem to like images at present and I've had to collect them as attachments at the end of this post.
I can´t get GH to work. I have installed AddonGraphHopper_16_0.7_release.apk and GH data via Locus action button. When I start the Addon, it just shows me the content of the data directory (here: germany.osm). I can click on it, but I can´t select it in any way.
This is correct behaviour. If you had routing data for more than one region you could select the appropriate region here.
In Locus I can select GH as offline service, but there are no routing profiles offered to me (if I click on the little symbol with the three lines on the right site) as in GH online or BRouter.
If you are referring to the "sliders" icon, I get different results with GraphHopper online & offline here. GH online gives options for avoid highways, avoid tolls, avoid ferries. GraphHopper offline just gives the option for the data file, just as when running the addon directly.
These routing profiles are missing in the route planner, too.
You should get a choice of profiles when you select Navigation. With GraphHopper online they are: Car, Cycle, MTB, racing (bike), Walk, Hike. With GraphHopper offline they are Fast (car). Fast (bike), MTB, Racing (bike), Hike.
[/quote]
If I select a crossing on the map and use it at navigation destination from the flyout, I get the error popup: Graphhopper cannot load notes.
That sounds like an error. have you tried reinstalling the addon and data?
I don´t know if it´s important, but I store all my maps on external SD. GH data are correctly copied to the external directory defined in settings.
External SD cards are notoriously difficult in Androids. Can you try moving the data to internal memory?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:30:24 by john_percy »

Offline Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2019, 16:10:05 »
Hello,  I've read the whole topic but can't figure it out, can you explain in detail how to do this:

How to generate routing files
- Download the raw openstreetmap file (pbf files)
- Execute ./graphhopper.sh import <your-osm-file>. This creates the routing data

where can I download raw openstreetmap file? how to create the routing file what should I use to create it, and once I get it where should I place it? Sorry for newbs questions

Offline john_percy

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2019, 16:19:05 »
Follow the instructions above the line in the first post. Ignore everything below the horizontal line. There is no need to generate your own routing data as you can download and install the two files you need directly from the two download links given.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:58:48 by john_percy »

The following users thanked this post: Lance

Offline Bucky Kid

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 12, 2019, 14:04:40 »
Menion, the addon needs update.
Just compiled a routing data using 0.13-SNAPSHOT and the structure isn't accepted (as I expected)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2019, 14:21:14 »
Did you try it with 0.12 version?
Update add-on to SNAPSHOT version is not an ideal solution, I would rather wait to valid production-ready 0.13 version.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline Bucky Kid

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2019, 14:29:07 »
With 0.12, the addon works perfectly. But now on github version 0.13 is only available. If it's not yet final, then I'll wait. The structure of the iffline data may however be final, may karrussel from gH project know.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 14:34:45 by Bucky Kid »