Offline navigation - GraphHopper - preparation

Started by Menion, July 16, 2014, 20:43:19

gynta

Quote"Locus force closes when using GH (0.1.7) for navigation"
hmm, very short error report and it's difficult to help.

try to deinstall all graphhopper apps and addons.
if exists - delete the old Locus/graphhopper folder.
install last locus version.
read first post in this topic.
read all posts in this thread.

any ideas what's wrong with your installation?
because i didn't fount any problems here on my devices.

Menion

Fine, so I was able to build new version of add-on 0.1.8, based on GraphHopper 0.5 source code. It is available on Google Drive, directory data/testing.

Testing because I'm unable to compile builder for creating maps.

These steps on fresh downloaded repository
git checkout 0.5
./graphhopper.sh clean
./graphhopper.sh import your-area.pbf

Ends on this error:
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-assembly-plugin:2.5.5:single (default-cli) @ graphhopper ---
[INFO] Reading assembly descriptor: src/main/assembly/android.xml
[INFO] Building jar: /Users/menion/work/projects/foreign_projects/graphhopper/core/target/graphhopper-0.5.0-android.jar
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] GraphHopper ........................................ FAILURE [ 56.470 s]
[INFO] GraphHopper Tools .................................. SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 56.905 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-08-17T18:44:16+02:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 91M/123M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.5.5:single (default-cli) on project graphhopper: Failed to create assembly: Error creating assembly archive android: Problem creating jar: Execution exception: Java heap space -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Any help is of course welcome. :)

@karussell:
Please just update link to Locus add-on here: https://github.com/graphhopper/graphhopper/blob/0.5/docs/android/index.md , to new address: https://bitbucket.org/asamm/locus-map-add-on-graphhopper . I was updating namings and it seems to change URL as well. Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Bucky Kid

So I'm getting Locus error when trying to get access navigation service configuration:

edit
Already working but Locus has another problem with new addon, no means of transport is available (even with graphHopper 0.4 data)
  •  

Menion

new add-on require new data, without it, it won't work.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Ah so. But I've tried graphHopprr 0.5 data too, and still no way of transportation.

Btw. - graphHopper from github is already 0.6
I can't compile with this

Sent from my phone by Tapatalk
  •  

karussell

Just keep in mind: the master on github is 0.6 but is unstable and you should use the stable 0.5 and switch only 0.6 if you know what you do or for a development version of the add-on or similar

@menion: it looks like the compilation needs more memory, I got similar problems on a dev machine although enough RAM was available. Try MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx200m or more MB
  •  

john_percy

@menion: When next you update the GraphHopper add-on, could you put the hiking image to the right of the cycling image in the dialogues, for the sake of consistency, please!

BRouter (and others) | GraphHopper
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

thanks, agree. Will be fixed in next version (of Locus)
  •  

Vissie

Hi guys.

So firstly, thx. This addon works great! And it actually routes offline. Thx.

This will now be my routing engine of choice. I have Android car radio for my Jeep, so this will go in there.

I do have 2 semi related questions.

1. I have 2 maps on my phone. One for South Africa and one for Mozambique. I downloaded them from a google share on page one. Works great. I can route anywhere in SAF to anywhere in SAF. I can also route anywhere in Mozambique to anywhere in Mozambique. BUT, I can not go across the border as these is 2 different map sets. How do I combine the 2?

2. Then just in-case you suggest that I need to recompile my own maps, I tried that. Hence my second query. I can not complete the import process on this laptop as I do not have enough RAM. I get out of memory issues. And yes I have played with the Xmx and Xms settings. I just do not have enough RAB. I have only 2.7 Gig. So I created a VM using VirtualBox on my work Windows (sorry) laptop running Debian. On that I assigned 4 Gig. BUT I get this error then I do the import: Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not transfer artefact org.sonatype.oss-parent:pom:9 from/to central. Unknown error and 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 16, column 13: Unknown host repo.maven.apache.org. But like I said, it starts on my Linux laptop, just runs out od memory. Any ideas?

Vissie
  •  

john_percy

It is a limitation of GraphHopper that it can't compute routes from one map area to another. Have you tried BRouter? That works well for me offline.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Vissie

Hi. Yes I am using BRouter. Its OK. I am playing to see what other offline routing options there is.
I will continue using GraphHopper. Its seems new and fun.

Vissie
  •  

Andrew Heard

BRouter also has advantage over Graph Hopper of text based profiles. You can have any number of profiles, and they are very powerful & flexible.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

silvermapper

I read of GraphHopper version 0.1.8 in Locus Map Help Desk.  I use the GraphHopper add-on version 0.1.7 by courtesy of menion's first post of this topic, a link in which takes me to Google Drive.  I guess routing data must be updated continually to keep abreast of changes and additions.  I wonder where later versions and their update information are available, and how one can be advised or know of updates?
  •  

Menion

New version of

- add-on, v 0.2
- routing data generated from OSM 2015.09.19

All based on GraphHopper v 0.5

PS: data are just uploading, so if they are not yet ready to download, they will be within next few hours
  •  

silvermapper

menion
I have installed GH addon 0.2 - based v0.5.apk in place of addon_0.1.7.apk and used the latest GraphHopper routing data from 2015.09.19 - v0.5 at https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7v_sPhHE6RgfjJZbEtsS1VnSWRMTDZUZGw3TlN4WTZLMHVUbTUtUGwtVUFvVlFVWlN6MDA&usp=sharing in place of its predecessor.  I am pleased to report routing works for the navigation tests I have tried so far.
I thank you for the work you have put in to provide this update.
  •