[APP] - version 3.1/2.X+ (updated 4.7.2014)

Started by Menion, July 03, 2014, 13:57:54

szebenyib

Quote from: eldron on September 15, 2014, 23:25:29
What does the new "Load Track" button in the track list do?
It marks the tracks as visible, but that´s what the eye is for, isn´t it? so is it just another way to show the tracks on the map or does it have a different function?

I was wondering too. If that only makes all tracks visible, then maybe a "select all"  caption with an eye icon could be more clear?
  •  

Menion

@MichaelZ: as balloni wrote below your post, please read it. Unfortunately I'm worried I can't help here. What you needs seems to be really specific request and I'm not sure, how many people may find this useful

@balloni55
: delete a tracks - fixed, thanks

@eldron, @szebenyib: check this post http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4014.msg31852#msg31852 - point 3. If you have better idea, It's more then welcome!

Also anyone with design heart? I need some feedback. Because list of tracks now works in different way (it was really longly planned - required change to get rid of double function of checkbox and also improve list itself), I needs to change a list of points in same way.

Current result is on screenshot. There is a lot less points on one screen at once, on second side there should be no problems with small screens and it should be also more clear. Feedback is needed, because it's YOU who will mainly use it :). Thanks

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

so? no complains on new BETA version? Please, keep in mind that there is sooo much possible combinations of filter, select all, delete all, update all, etc. that I'm sure, some combination won't work perfectly. Anyway that's why this is just a BETA right? :) have a nice evening!
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
V 3.2.3.3
#151, map preview not visible and mapview only after zoom visible, not soved  :-[
#166, problem autozoom, not solved :-[

long trackname was complete displayed in V 3.2.3.2 :) now long names are cut :-[
distance marks are shifted, e.g. 0meter is at 2km and so on, see:

date is in two lines

what is the clock icon and the date in POI/geocache (day/ mounth/ no year) for????
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@balloni: thanks!

#151: weird. Are you using vector map or it's some downloaded 'personal' map? With vector or online map, I'm unable to simulate it :( . And problem that track was highlighted in preview is solved, right?

#168: it have to be same problem as in previous case - Locus is unable to zoom to correct zoom level. In this case, I really need to simulate this issue.

long track names - you mean in list of tracks? If they're really long, it's possible they won't be visible. But I hope it's a lot better then in current public version :)

issue in visible lap distances - ah, I was so amazed by what I created, that I completely missed this :). Thanks!

and even so short dates are break in list of tracks. Damn. Small width on smaller devices is my nightmare :/

clock icon in POI list is usually date when POI/cache was created, but it's switched for different values, based on current sorting. But I'm still not sure what is the best value that should be visible here. We have already discuss it here https://plus.google.com/100542396837873535122/posts/ZB2XZXWmExJ
  •  

balloni55

Quoteweird. Are you using vector map or it's some downloaded 'personal' map?
it doesn´t matter personalmap or vectormap from locusstore. Should i create a CatLog for you? also for autozoom problem?
EDIT: using POIs only map preview is missing,map in mapview is displayed directly,  perhaps this Info is helpfull
QuoteAnd problem that track was highlighted in preview is solved, right?
sorry, dont understand your question at that moment.

QuoteWe have already discuss it here
i read also this discuss, engl. part and as i understand the meaning there is also:
- complete POI/Tracknames visible
- no date and clock
all other infos are perfect ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Bucky Kid

Thanks for fix, show track on map works good for raster maps without zoom level available. But fit whole track on screen is not possible in that case. Imagine circular track with big radius. Locating track on map jumps in the middle, seing no track segment and possibly far from any segment. I suggest to jump to track start point and select to zoom 100% if selected raster map doesn't allow show whole track on display.
- I'm still looking for easiest way to get into track editing. Now it takes 3 taps to get there. Could tapping to track preview window jump into track editing mode instead locate track on map?
  •  

mambofive

In the list of geocaches if I select "first 50" and then "Tools -> Refresh Caches", after refreshing the right column with the "eyes" is hidden.

•  

balloni55

Quote from: mambofive on September 17, 2014, 07:40:36
In the list of geocaches if I select "first 50" and then "Tools -> Refresh Caches", after refreshing the right column with the "eyes" is hidden.
click top right and the update of this caches start ;)
remark: if i select first 50 they are all blue marked ?!

EDIT: question is, why user have to confirm with a second click after he selected "update cache" or "gc offlinizer"  ::)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

mambofive

Quote from: balloni55 on September 17, 2014, 08:16:09
click top right and the update of this caches start ;)
remark: if i select first 50 they are all blue marked ?!
Ah, got it, thanks! Well, that's not intuitive... Why do I have to confirm that I want to update some caches? For
deletion, that could be ok, but not for updating.

BTW, the scroll bar used to be much bigger. Now, it's very tiny and hard to grab with thick fingers...  ;)
  •  

Menion

why not intuitive? I believe it's a lot more intuitive then before. You want to delete/update/copy/... some points? Well, start this function from bottom menu and then select points you want to delete/update ...

Previous dual-function checkbox was a lot more confusing because it was used for display points and also for a selection for these functions.

scroll bar - yes I noticed this also. Will try to make it bigger again :)
  •  

mambofive

Quote from: menion on September 17, 2014, 08:39:38
why not intuitive? I believe it's a lot more intuitive then before. You want to delete/update/copy/... some points? Well, start this function from bottom menu and then select points you want to delete/update ...

That's a matter of taste, of course. To me, it's intuitive to select some items first and then run an action on it. If the action is destructive, there might be an extra confirmation ("do you really want to...") optionally with an option to skip this confirmation in the future ("do not show this question again"). Now, it's the other way round: first select the action and then the items, then confirm...

I could get used to it, no problem. But (at least) to me, it's not intuitive.  ;)
  •  

Menion

understand. In this case, it's only switched order. Can't imagine now, how it can be done in Locus, but everything is possible. So if majority will feel, that firstly you should select and then choose action and that it will be a lot better, I should try to find a solution ... (mainly solution how to clearly start multi-selection)
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
is there a simple way to see the new information/statistics/diagram screen during a track record?
I am missing this.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

in track record left panel is in top 'Tools button'. This opens menu where first button is what you need. Or you may create own dashboard.
  •