[APP] - version 3.1/2.X+ (updated 4.7.2014)

Started by Menion, July 03, 2014, 13:57:54

CaptKaos2

Quote from: menion on August 21, 2014, 10:59:42
@CaptKaos2: best way for report FC issue, is log or a way how to reproduce it

Tried it today and had no problems, it must have been a glitch on my phone. I did reboot it before I went out. By the way the previous problem with the truncating of my pre filled field notes has gone, Thanks.

CK
  •  

indiwong

I got the problem in version 3.20 in Android 4.4.4 in Nexus 5 and 4.0.4 in Motorola Maxx.
The Overlays was not work.
Basemap: Sqlitedb / Vector
Overlay Sqlitedb / Vector
All Overlays setting was not functional. It would reset to 100% opaque and Blend mode Disabled

Version 3.13 is OK.
  •  

john_percy

The new version appears to treat the low level world vector map differently:
a) A very basic map appears at zoom 8 and less with some towns but no roads
b) The "world" vector map I downloaded previously now appears in the list of available vector maps
Is the world vector map now built in to Locus? So I can delete the previous version?
FWIW I prefer the main roads showing as it helps location when panning, etc.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@indiwong: known issue, will be fixed in next version, thanks

@john: thanks, it's an issue, not an intent. I did some major changes in Vector maps handling and seems I forget to test world map, thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Sersus

The voice guiding along tracks is corrupted in the new release. TTS is announcing only nearest 500m and 200m ('In 500 meters bear left') - that all! I tried Med and Hi version of guiding. Impossible to use ;-)
So stupid question: where can I download the previous version of Locus?
  •  

Menion

Hi,

I've just published new testing version 3.2.1.3, where this issue may be fixed.
  •  

druki

Updated to 3.2.0 and Offline POIs is not working (empty category-folders with message). Are there new DBs (new format) to download which will work with current Locus version?
  •  

Menion

•  

druki

Ah! Data is from 17/18.8 - parent foldername is older ;-)  (first post in http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3267.0 ) Now it works.
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
with the update to 3.2.2 the automatic (full) backup is broken: only the settings are saved (8 kB instead of 10 MB) on two devices and with the free and pro version.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

who knows, what is my nightmare for around ... last two years? Yes, 'Backup manager' :)

Thanks tramp, fixed now. And sorry for this.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on August 27, 2014, 14:20:54

Thanks tramp, fixed now. And sorry for this.

Fine and please no sorry :-)

User ID acc406201
  •  

tramp20

Track saving and full backup is OK again with the new beta 3.2.2.2 :-)

But the recorded track is exported to \locus\cache\export now and no longer to \locus\export. Is this new and correct?

User ID acc406201
  •  

Bucky Kid

Me test version exports track to /sdcard0/Locus/export/ as showed in export dialog. This is ok.
Have a small wish about the internal file picker, could it remember last used folder separately for each of dialogs? (especially locate external maps, Track/waypoints export, Track/waypoints import).
I find another inconvenience with Turn off lock screen feature, if on and lockscreen already activates in background then launching external app (camera, GPS status or whatever else) ends on gesture unlock screen. Could lockscreen be temporarily disabled on global level while running Locus in foreground instead running ontop? Lockscreen shortly appears also when switching between map screen and dialogs in Locus.
  •  

Christian

Quote from: Bucky Kid on August 29, 2014, 12:36:56
Have a small wish about the internal file picker, could it remember last used folder separately for each of dialogs? (especially locate external maps, Track/waypoints export, Track/waypoints import).
+1
That would be very helpful.
  •