Geocaching - Loading older logs

Started by m4x0r, June 06, 2014, 17:44:39

m4x0r

Hey there,

Is there any way to add a feature for load older logs?
Because sometimes (not always) i wanna read more then 5 logs.

Hope there is any chance.

thanks in advance
  •  

CaptKaos2

In Geocaching4Locus go into preference and in the Downloading Section under count of Logs. Select amount of logs you require to download (30 Max)
  •  

m4x0r

Hey yeah i know this one,

but i mean a funktion in with the menu button "Load older Logs" or "Load all logs" or something like that.
I hope you guys know what i mean
Sry for my bad english :-P
  •  

Menion

When I created function "Show friends", I was also searching for an ability to load more logs (ideally 'all'). Unfortunately Groundspeak API (which is used for communication with geocaching.com server) do not have any such feature, so this is really not possible, sorry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

m4x0r

Quote from: menion on June 07, 2014, 06:57:47
When I created function "Show friends", I was also searching for an ability to load more logs (ideally 'all'). Unfortunately Groundspeak API (which is used for communication with geocaching.com server) do not have any such feature, so this is really not possible, sorry.

Ah okay thank you.
Than cachesense doesn't used the live API for this.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

hmm, it grab data directly from web page? I'm sure it's not allowed by Terms of use of groundspeak, so it's not a good way ...
  •  

m4x0r

I think so, when there is no function in the api. We must request this ;-)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

•  

the trekbuddies

is this still correct? Geoget uses the API to download all logs, there is a limit of 30 caches per 60 seconds though if downloading logs for more than one cache, so maybe no good for geocaching for locus but should be on in the update cache option
  •  

Menion

Are you really sure it download All! logs? Developer of Geocaching4Locus should know more about it because I do not use downloading of caches directly (in Locus).  All this is done over add-on

Send over Tapatalk

•