Test version from GooglePlay

Started by Menion, April 25, 2014, 15:30:04

Bucky Kid

Hi, I need some help. Upgrade from ICS to KitKat, attempt to reinstall Locus bata from Store failed.
Followed the link to PS,
Unknown error -24 on application installation it says. Any resolution?
Restore from titanium backup doesn't work either, installing APK from sd doesnot work either, it says application wasn't installed
  •  

Menion

Hi,

quite interesting. For 90% of such problems exists working solution
1. clear cache of Google Play app
2. restart your device.

I'm trying to find what -24 means, but cannot find any.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wvb

I had error -24 before with Debian for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cuntubuntu

There were several others with the same issue.
The dev released another version with a slightly different name.
This allowed me to I install it again.

Perhaps this gives you an idea what the cause might be..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

•  

Bucky Kid

The cache cleaning workaround doesnot help. still on unknown error -24.
I'm getting problems to install with more apps, mostly installed from SDcard.
Can't this be caused by Locus beta incompatibility with Android version or KitKat's restrictions on newly installed apps?
Strange is that Locus Pro can be installed and working without any issues.
Btw. I noticed that internal SD card mount point was changed from /mnt/sdcard to /storage/sdcard0, don't know if that may be on cause.
  •  

Menion

Android version, or change of memory path should should not have generally any influence on this.

I'm really sorry, but I have currently no idea what to do with this problem. From my point of view, it's some problem in your KitKat installation ...
  •  

Bucky Kid

Problem is solved. Unknown error -24 meant there were residuals from old installation in /data/data/menion.android.locus/. After clearing data folder installation passed fine.
  •  

Menion

ah this is really good news and important information in case, someone other will have same problem. Perfect!!

BTW.  I've just tried to use Locus on around 900 km car ride and I discovered that without Internet it's totally useless.  Do you have any experience with BRouter as a car navigation? I also discovered that I really have to improve few things to make Locus more usable as a car navigation...
  •  

slarti76

Hi there
I'm new to beta testing. I have Pro and now installed 3.27.1.2 Free. Now I'm confused, because the Beta Version finds some data from the Pro Version, like my database, icons, etc. - but not my settings. They were obviously all the defaults.
Are they stored somewhere else? I'm sure that would make sense, as a new version might have settings that could confuse an old version. Is there anything else I should avoid in order not to destroy my Pro installation?
Sorry if that has been asked before, but didn't find anything with the search and also on knowledge base.
  •  

Menion

Good day slarti,
please check our manual here: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:about:free_beta_testing . Not sure if all is included there. If you will have any additional question, feel free to write it here, I'll notify Michal and he will update manual. Anyway there should be no worry to have both versions as once. Beta version is simply say equal to Pro version and they both may exists at once. Data on card are shared, internal settings not.
  •  

slarti76

Thanx for that info and the link. Looks like I didn't search the Knowledge Base thoroughly enough... Anyway, I think that answers my questions. Now to some testing :)
  •