[APP] - version 1.1.x

Started by Menion, March 19, 2011, 21:42:10

Menion

Hi guys, I have now really dark times with getting all maps back to work. Looks that problems cause mainly Bing and Yahoo maps. I have attached here regular testing version (Free). Another market update 1.1.1 cause another troubles as I tested and maps created with mobac not work here now :). So please, do not create maps (Bing and Yahoo) with Locus version 1.1.0 and versions before. Test this version if all maps works correctly. If not, please write me source of map or if map is small, upload is somewhere. Thanks to all ..

And some quick answers. About restarting, berkley told me about some similar issue when he used Bluetooth GPS, was it with this also? About GPS icon permanently enabled, don't you have just started track recording or guiding? Anyway this is not possible, really. I didn't changed anything in this part of code during last weeks.

21.3.2011 - Locus Free testing 1.1.1.4
  • some few improvements and fixs on online and mainly offline maps. Some info here: http://locus.asamm.cz/?p=279. So now, any problem with maps is BIG problem so please tell me!! It's important
  • new guiding screen!
  • added spain translation
  • now display time to target during guiding, please test
  • added Amudanan israel map
  • reduced size off app a little ... but every byte count
  • now you can import points with same name (added ignore option - is this clear how it works when you try it?)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

MedoMys

I'm sorry but track recording and guiding is switched off (IMHO), and GPS indicator is still active.
There is no destination selected for guiding and no track is recorded (It should be indicated with pencil icon and with opened recording menu).
How to make sure that there are the both things switched off?
  •  

MedoMys

Tested this version 1.1.1.1 - GPS indicator active.
I returned 1.0.1, and indicator is ok, not visible.
  •  

Menion

this is really weird ...

there exist only few features that have special access to gps in locus (this means that they will hold gps on when needed even after screen is turned on)

- track recording service
- guiding on point
- and augmented reality addon

if you don't use any of these, still is icon of GPS visible even when GPS is turned off in Locus? I can't believe this :)
  •  

MedoMys

As I've written - GPS is off, guiding off, tracking off.
If version 1.0.1 and 1.1.1.1 uses the same setting, and they have different behaviour, there must be some difference in 1.1.1.1 code ...
Probably GPS remains switched on if I press "GPS vyp." button ? Could you read GPS state in this moment and make any "low-level-switch-off" of GPS if it is in still switched on ?
  •  

MedoMys

Partialy solved ...
On GPS screen, I've opened menu GPS and unchecked "Použít satelity GPS".
But I must change this setting if I want switch on GPS  :(  It seems it's only "master option" for GPS usage ...

Edit:
1. If I run function Augment reality, GPS indicator disapeares. If I stop Augment reality, GPS indicator becomes visible.
2. If I run track recording and record, it says GPS is switched off and whether want I to switch it on. But indicator is visible.
  •  

jusc

I used this morning version 0.9.28.9 with an external Bluetooth GPS. It worked with following:
1.Start external GPS and wait for fix.
2. Start GPS Provider (it starts system Bluetooth after a you confim it too)  (thanks for this advice to berkley)
3. Connect GPS Provider to external GPS and look if GPS is fixed (got enough satellites)
3. Start Locus
5. open GPS screen and activate GPS
6. deaktivete GPS !!
7. Activate GPS once more
8. start recording track

That worked fine for 30km by cycle :) It saved at lot of battery.

with version 1.1.1.1 seems to be the same, you have to activate GPS, is this correct? But it is not the system GPS, but only the Locus internal GPS?
J.
Regards J.
  •  

MedoMys

It is possible the GPS indicator remains on the top if I switch off GPS in Locus. Cause the mobile network indicator is sometimes visible if I switch off mobile network. Some bug of Android ? I'll test it - I'll run Locus and I'll be watching the battery consumption ...
  •  

Menion

Medomys I really don't know what can I do with you :) Are you using stock rom in your DHD? Because I have also DHD and no problem with gps. If you use some custom rom, may you try some new version? If you'll have still this problem, there will be no other possibility then invite you on coffee :)
  •  

MedoMys

So, new informations ;)
I have original ROM on Desire HD and minimum number of standard applications ...
I left Locus running for about 2 hours. It consumed a half of battery. But after 2 hours the indication disapeared ! If I restart Locus Free it's ok, there is no GPS indicator.
But if I run Locus Pro there is GPS indicator back again. So I have to run Locus Pro for about 2 hours and indicator will disapear, maybe ...  :mrgreen:
And, if I close Locus Pro and run Locus Free, there is GPS inidicator again for a few seconds, and then disapear after while. New restart of Free is ok again.

It's very strange behaviour, I don't understand it ...
  •  

jofre

Can not load online google hybrid map in v 1.1.1.4....pls fix
  •  

MedoMys

The problem with GPS indicator is back when I've plugged USB power to HTC. It seems it works with half empty battery and not works with power or full battery. I agree, very weird.  :roll:
New version 1.1.1.4 is OK, no problem with GPS indicator. ;)
  •  

jofre

Now it works back again, really weird behavior. I will let know, lets do some testing
  •  

berkley

What about enabled MyMaps? :D
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

hehe, My Maps need testing! What about help me to create finally bug-free version? ;)

about google hybrid maps - As I see, all works fine. For others too? Do you have disabled offline mode and enabled internet connection? :)
  •