Cannot import KML with <NetworkLink> in 2.19.0

Started by AlexD, February 17, 2014, 14:45:51

AlexD

Hi.
I've got a problem with importing KML-file with <NetworkLink> section after Locus Pro has been updated to version 2.19.0.

Previously (on v2.18) i opened on my Android device local KML-file like this:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<kml xmlns = 'http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1'>
  <Folder>
<NetworkLink>
  <Link>
<href>http://mysite.com/LocusDynamicKML_v4.php</href>
<refreshMode>onInterval</refreshMode>
<refreshInterval>60</refreshInterval>
  </Link>
</NetworkLink>
  </Folder>
</kml>

And Import it.
PHP-script LocusDynamicKML_v4.php, located on my web-server dynamically generate valid KML-file and output it to requester with header "Content-type: text/xml".
After importing a KML-file (above described), all the points that were generated by remote PHP-script displayed in the program and refreshed every minute.
Everything worked well.

But immediately after the upgrade to v2.19, I started getting errors when trying to import the KML-file with <NetworkLink> section:

Even if I try to load through <NetworkLink> a static KML-file (not dynamic php-script) from external web-server — I still see the same error.

My another device with LocusPro 2.18 (previous version) working well at the same time.

Please help me to solve this problem.
  •  

Menion

Good day Alex,
  I'm surprised, so much people wrote me about this problem.

If you load KML with network link in a way you wrote, how you then stop it??

Anyway current method is, to place you KML file into Locus/mapItems directory. This file will be then available in menu > Data > tab items, where simple by tap, you load it to map. Hope this helps.

I'll anyway improve this to next version, to keep old functionality in any way ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

copy the kml file to ..Locus/mapItems/  (NOT IMPORT - it doesn't work!)

...and it has never worked before

AlexD

Quote from: menion on February 17, 2014, 15:55:51
  If you load KML with network link in a way you wrote, how you then stop it??
There is no need to stop it.
The php-script generates a KML-file based on the values ​​from the database. Actual set of points can be changed several times per hour. Updating file once per a minute, I always have the current set of points in Locus without re-importing file.
Quote from: menion on February 17, 2014, 15:55:51
  I'll anyway improve this to next version, to keep old functionality in any way ...
Great!
  •