Compass View Color

Started by LordOfThePings, March 18, 2011, 18:48:43

LordOfThePings

I'm often using Locus at the evening or in the night, so black on white background is blinding when it's dark (even with bg light turned all the way down on my defy).
Is there an option to change the colors of the compass view, or could it be implemented?
It would probably be only the text colors and the background itself, the compass itself should be visible on a dark bg as well. Or you could invert the whole view if that was easier to code.

By the way, thank you for this app, it is very cool for someone without a flat-rate data plan.
  •  

berkley

Hey,
have a look at Screen Filter: http://www.appbrain.com/app/screen-filter/com.haxor
This is a really great tool for not being blinded at night and you can use it for your whole device. Btw, at daylight it is great for saving battery!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

LordOfThePings

Hi,
I didn't know such thing was possible. I would still prefer a native solution in Locus, but in the meantime ScreenFilter will do the job well (even if it won't save my battery, regular LCD screen here). Thanks for the link!
  •  

scinkk

Hm I think the compass can be on black/dark screen and a dark center of  the compas like default - improvements of this screen is probably in todo list :) so thx for this idea :)
  •  

Menion

yes, this screen as well as screen with satellite state really need some improvements. If anyone else except scinkk, has some small graphical feeling, you could post here some imagination how this should look like, because to be true, I know that both need improvements, but I'm really not a good designer :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

fine, new compass screen done ... hope you'll like it :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

LordOfThePings

Just downloaded the test version, the new screen looks very nice!
I like the more polished feel, and the dark bg :)

Thanks again for this great app and the quick response!
  •