Where are the "My Tracks"-tracks in the Recorded-list?

Started by franc, January 24, 2014, 15:26:09

franc

Hello

I just wanted to export the tracks tracked with "MyTracks" to my PC, but don't find them anymore in the bottom of the "Recorded" tracks list.

Is it possible that the MyTracks support has stopped at all in some of the last updates since december 13?
This is a pity.
I don't track anymore with MyTracks, I track with locus now, but still I have a lot of MyTracks tracks on my phone, now I want lastly export them through locus.

edit
I searched the changelog but no menion of any "deleted MyTracks support" or similar entry. in the last updates.

What is it?
Am I just blind and the MyTracks support is still there?
Please help then.

edit
No answer here?
Too difficult question?

Could maybe some other Locus user confirm me, that MyTracks is not anymore supported in Locus?
I still hope, that I just oversee it.
I think quite sure, that it was listed in the bottom of the recorded tracks folder.
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  I'm testing it and seems to work correctly. Do you have enabled Settings > Sharing > Allow access in MyTracks settings?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

franc

Yes, this is set.
But I don't find any My Tracks track in locus.
Good to hear (indirectly) that My Tracks is still available, thank you for testing.

Where should I find My Tracks in locus?
Is there a setting to set as well?
I don't find any, only to use My Tracks as tracking app (instead of locus) which I didn't check (track with locus).
  •  

Menion

hmm this is weird, you should see "My Tracks" folder in the list of track folders like on screenshot. May you double-check your settings in My Tracks app?

•  

franc

Nope, nothing. Doesn't matter. I uninstalled MyTracks again and hope that I will never need it again.
Thanks for screenshot.
  •  

Menion

really nothing? Weird ...

I don't know what is in the future of My Tracks (because there seems to be absolutely no work on this project for last few months), but if you will want to fix this, I should look at it. Because I'm sure, that if you have latest version of Locus and latest available My Tracks, this really should work ...
  •  

franc

Quote from: menion on January 28, 2014, 22:49:10
really nothing? ...
I deleted the data of Locus (I hope this enough?) and uninstalled MyTracks, renamed the locus directory and installed MyTracks again. Set the settings of MyTracks to share the tracks with other apps and started locus,  tracks are now totally empty:

I asked a MyTracks developer about the project, wait for answer. But there are still recently works done in the bug tracker, though.
Last update was August 13 but they updated rarely in the past.

But I will use locus to track in the future.
Even if I had the impression that it needs more battery, which might wrong, anyway my experience shows me that while tracking I often use locus anyway, so better to track with it directly.
And yesterday I found the useful widget for locus tracking which is great!

If MyTracks work normally with Locus then it surely is my system and don't care about it,  no need,  thank you
  •  

Menion

Interesting, thanks for test.

I'm looking on a code here http://code.google.com/p/mytracks/source/list and there seems to be last change in the middle of last year. There were probably some changes that should affect this problem, but if so, I'm sure it will be a problem in their app. I'm checking my code, and there were no changes around communication with MyTracks last months ...

Anyway I agree with your decision to use Locus also for track record ;). I think, that after years of testing, recoridng is quite stable and without any serious problems ...
  •  

franc

Quote from: menion on January 29, 2014, 10:20:59
... to use Locus also for track record ...
By the way, how can I reset the km and time in the Widget?

The track is not running, it's stopped.

This Widget is really great!
  •  

Menion

widget just display last recorded values (when you stopped your track). If you start recording by first button (or in Locus), widget just reset these values to display correct one. Glad you like it - it's really old and not best looking, but it works :)
  •  

franc

•  

franc

Quote from: menion on January 29, 2014, 10:35:49...If you start recording by first button (or in Locus), widget just reset these values to display correct one...
Yesterday I tracked a jogging tour with the Widget, but in the end, there was only one point tracked. Today I noticed why: the widget doesn't switch GPS on (and off) when the track starts, like locus does it. Is this by purpose?
Is it possible to give this power to the widget, to switch on and off (after the tracking) the GPS module?
If not, no problem, I know it now.

I switch GPS normally off on my phone because I noticed, that this causes many wakelocks and needs more battery.
  •  

Menion

hmm you turn off GPS in your system right? You mean directly in your Android > settings > location & security, right?

If so, I'm little bit confused, because on 100%, Locus cannot control this settings. So even if you start track record in Locus (in panel on map), result will be same.

So generally it is not possible to "give this power to widget", sorry. You have to turn on your GPS manually first. Widget only control on/off state of GPS in same way as Locus do in running application.

And GPS turned on cause you wakelocks? But this should be problem of some applications, not Android itself. If you use any app for checking wakelocks, you should also know, which app do this...
  •  

franc

Quote from: menion on February 02, 2014, 17:17:15
hmm you turn off GPS in your system right? You mean directly in your Android > settings > location & security, right?

If so, I'm little bit confused, because on 100%, Locus cannot control this settings. So even if you start track record in Locus (in panel on map), result will be same...
I think I mixed it up then. Indeed, locus shows an "(GPS-ICON) enabled" when starting and a "(GPS-ICON) disabled" when closing. But you right, when I disable GPS in the system settings (for which CM gives a shortcut Icon in the Tray), Locus doesn't switch it really on.
So there are three states of GPS module: first totally off in system settings, secondly: off but apps can activate and thirdly on and active. I mixed this up and I will just switch it on manually when need.

Quote from: menion on February 02, 2014, 17:17:15
...And GPS turned on cause you wakelocks? But this should be problem of some applications, not Android itself. If you use any app for checking wakelocks, you should also know, which app do this...
I think it is Google keep, but I didn't follow the GPS exactly, but noticed that the battery lasts longer when GPS is switched off.
Mostly I don't need GPS, so I switch it off.

So all clear now, I will just manually switch it on when need, no problem.
Thanks a lot for clarifications!

frank

•  

Menion

Sure, you are welcome!

Your description - "three states" is exact and very good. I'll maybe use it in future somewhere :). This is exactly what happen.

On this topic were quite a lot of discussion - "is control of GPS in Locus needed or not" - but it brings a lot of benefits so I decided to keep it there (a long time ago ...)

EDIT: btw. if you disable location by GPS and also by wi-fi/cell-id in your device!, then Locus should notify about this.
  •