Map items question

Started by KaHeMu, January 15, 2014, 11:35:43

KaHeMu

Just I created some kmz maps and I can import them with data/ items.
What's the difference between "only display" and "show on map after import". Some items are visible after restart of Locus others aren't visible, neither there are imported nor only showed.

Little bit of helpless,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

there is a few combination you may do with items you want to import

a) import into locus database
b) import into locus database and display on map
c) do not import into locus data, so only display on map

where
a) "only display" - disabled, "show on map" - disabled
b) "only display" - disabled, "show on map" - enabled
c) "only display" - enabled, "show on map" - cannot be changed

As we talk about it, this should be changed for some selection like at start of my post
- import
- import and display
- only display

----------------

And fact that some items are visible after restart and some don't ... generaly if you import any data into Locus, Locus should correctly import only points & tracks - all other, like KMZ maps, are visible on map, but not imported into database. So if you want to have KMZ map visible everytime you start locus, currently best is to place this map into Locus/mapItems and enable this map in data > items screen. Hope this helps you, otherwise feel free to ask
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi menion,

thanks for your explanations. The import command near by map items like *.kmz is without real function, it's only to switch on this specific item. This point was a little bit confusing for me.
For others like *.gpx we see expanded import dialog with dialog for import to database.

Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

yes agree .. problem is that till locus do "Analyze...", I do not know what is inside files. So probably improvements should be after analyze, where instead of empty dialog with three checkboxes, Locus should display information that file do not contain any "importable" data. Thanks for this, I'll this about it and improve it a little bit
  •  

KaHeMu

Ahh, I see! It's not the format of  the file, it's the content. If there are points in it, Locus  could import them. It isn't so simple I thought. ;D

Regards,
KaHeMu
  •  

Menion

:) Locus always in first step "Analyze" content of file. If there are any waypoints, you will see section that allow to choose folder for waypoints. If there are any tracks, you see ... , but if there are no tracks or waypoints, you see, as now, only bottom with three checkboxes ("only display", ...).

I already did, that in next version Locus notify that file do not contain any waypoints or tracks that should be imported
  •