[APP] - version 2.18.X+ (updated 10.2.2014)

Started by Menion, January 03, 2014, 12:35:10

Menion

I've got it, don't worry. I'm just not 100% sure how to do it to keep is simple but useful :). Btw. small testing version if anyone had any troubles and need to check if they are already fixed ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

szebenyib

Aww I really didn't want to sound pushy or demanding about this. I just thought that it is easier if you have more options to choose from :-)  Locus is already more than I could wish for! :-)
  •  

szebenyib

Tested track selection - ok.
Groups - number of groups is visible and delete button is present in groups pop up.
Basic start screen was present but I didn't change anything there. Qr code generator seems to work fine :-) created one then took a photo of it, recognized successfully.
  •  

Menion

thank you for test, appreciate it!

QR Code generator seems to be funny toy, on second side, I did this on request of one guy (for precise geolocation photos taken by external camera) and I hope, I'll get from him some good how-to on this topic ;)
  •  

ta-ka

Hello.

OpenSledMap doesn't show map tiles properly. Empty tiles(Not exists) and Gray tiles(without roads and borders) appears almost all zoom level. In fact, I found the issue when OpenSledMap was added to Locus. At that time I thought it was network problem. But it seems not because the issue is still there.

•  

Menion

new version for testing purpose ... enjoy it ;)

@ta-ka: thanks, I forget to respond. Problem seems to be on map server, we contact owner and see what is possible to do
  •  

gynta

wrong label
"Out of track notification" shouild be: "Nex point..."

Menion

I'm sure it's ok ;) ... check list of items, there is (in English)

Navigation
----------------
"Out of track" notification

"Guiding"
----------------
Waypoints
Notification "On next point"
"Out of track" notification

Since some previous version, you may specify different "Out of track" notifications for guiding and for navigation, so I had to do two switches to "Quick switch". Anyway both has little bit different icons ;)
  •  

gynta

Maybe I'm confused because some of "i" informations helptext are wrong  ;)

Menion

ah yes, this is possible. thanks, I'll check them :)
  •  

gynta

in this case - you can fix this problem too  ;)

ta-ka

Thank you for the new test version. I'm sending you something I've noticed and some suggestions/requests.

Attaching audio, video and other files:
- It seems that the word "Recording..." is used for both audio recording and track recording.
  Could you please add a new word for audio_recording to assign better translation?

- For playing recorded audio, 'eye icon' and 'View' in the pop-up menu seems strange.

- The Question dialogue to 'Remove', bottom right button should be 'Remove' as well in stead of 'Delete'.

- The text 'Delete also files (photos) in memory' should be updated to 'Delete also attached files in memory' or something.

- In future, I hope voice icon and video thumbnail will be shown in the point's info window as well as photos.
  List of mp3 and avi file name there is not very nice and file name is too long, I think.

TTS notification:
- TTS notification for POI alert and out of track works pretty good.  I've updated ja.tts on google drive.

- POI alert > Text-to-speech Play : It seems test voice is not properly assigned.

- Test voice by the Text-to-speech Play button for 'out of track(navigation and guide)', 'next point' and 'poi alert'(maybe) is always 'Do you like Locus?'. How about to assign appropriate sample voice from *.tts for each notification test play?

Every Trail:
- T:Upload track to ... : unneeded character "T:" in front of Upload track to ...

Others:
- For Clear temporary data, the pop-up dialogue title is currently 'Clear cache'. Not all of them are cache now. So, 'Clear temporary data' or 'Clear data' may be better.

- How about to improve 'Add new point (camera)' to 'Add new point (attachment)' for audio and video attachment, too?  Or, it might be even better to integrate the pre-attach function to 'Quick new point'. (I prefer)
  •  

Menion

Hello ta-ka,
  nice list! thanks

Quote from: ta-ka on January 14, 2014, 10:15:46
- It seems that the word "Recording..." is used for both audio recording and track recording.
  Could you please add a new word for audio_recording to assign better translation?
- done

- For playing recorded audio, 'eye icon' and 'View' in the pop-up menu seems strange.
- create new string "Play"

- The Question dialogue to 'Remove', bottom right button should be 'Remove' as well in stead of 'Delete'.
isn't this oposite? There is "Remove" already set

- The text 'Delete also files (photos) in memory' should be updated to 'Delete also attached files in memory' or something.
good point, thanks

- In future, I hope voice icon and video thumbnail will be shown in the point's info window as well as photos.
  List of mp3 and avi file name there is not very nice and file name is too long, I think.
I plan to completely rewrite base screen for points and for tracks, so I don't want to waste to much time on this now. Anyway I absolutely agree, that it looks bad :)

TTS notification:
- TTS notification for POI alert and out of track works pretty good.  I've updated ja.tts on google drive.
thanks!

- POI alert > Text-to-speech Play : It seems test voice is not properly assigned.
sorry, do not understand

- Test voice by the Text-to-speech Play button for 'out of track(navigation and guide)', 'next point' and 'poi alert'(maybe) is always 'Do you like Locus?'. How about to assign appropriate sample voice from *.tts for each notification test play?
I'll try to improve it

Every Trail:
- T:Upload track to ... : unneeded character "T:" in front of Upload track to ...
thanks, another testing text

Others:
- For Clear temporary data, the pop-up dialogue title is currently 'Clear cache'. Not all of them are cache now. So, 'Clear temporary data' or 'Clear data' may be better.
agree

- How about to improve 'Add new point (camera)' to 'Add new point (attachment)' for audio and video attachment, too?  Or, it might be even better to integrate the pre-attach function to 'Quick new point'. (I prefer)
good idea, agree - added to my to-do list
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on January 14, 2014, 19:41:16
Hello ta-ka,
  nice list! thanks

- done

btw.
"Recording..."
misspelling @ crowdin

balloni55

until now taken photos are stored in locus/data/photo_poi
in new Testversion the photos are stored with all other "taken" audio/video in locus/data/media
In my opinion will be better, photos  furthermore stored in "photo_poi" folder
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •