Deleting part of track

Started by HTWB, November 18, 2013, 17:12:13

HTWB

What is the best way of deleting part of a track - say from point x to point y.
( I sometimes forget to stop recording at the end of a hike
and find I've included the car journey home)
TIA.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  simple deleting "from x to y" is currently not possible. It is possible, but it's little bit tricky.

Anyway what you want is much easier. Just display track, tap on it, and in left panel, tap on second button. At bottom are two features. One to cut part of track before tapped point, second to cut part after selected point on track. You'll see highlighted part of track before remove and also a question to confirm, so do not worry and experiment :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

HTWB

•  

Christian

Quote from: menion on November 18, 2013, 17:57:53
Hi,
  simple deleting "from x to y" is currently not possible. It is possible, but it's little bit tricky.

Hi menion, can you pls explain this?

Thanx,
Christian
  •  

Menion

so steps are ...
1) display track on map (let's say 'my_track')
2) tap on point, where you want to end first segment (point X)
3) in left menu, choose "tools" button and bottom "split" - locus create two tracks. First part is what you want (named 'my_track_01'), second part contains part you want to remove and also second part you want to keep (named 'my_track_02').
4) now find on second part point, where you want to start second segment (point Y) and tap on it
5) again tap on left "tools" button and choose "remove all before"
6) now you have two parts. If you want to have just one track instead of two, you may merge them in Data > tracks > your folder > here choose just these two parts and in bottom "tools" button is "merge" button

uff, done :)
  •  

prawns

I was amazed when I first found out that locus supported this kind of track editing.

Ive always struggled finding a computer program that does track editing in a easy way  - but it turns out Locus can do it, and Locus can edit tracks easier than any of my computer programs!!  Locus is now actually my preferred track editor

Nice work Menion I gotta say, very impressed :)

Menion

nice to hear, thank you. I personally do not think that editing is well done (it should be for sure easier and faster), but it works, which is usually better then nothing :)
  •  

prawns

Ive tried quite a few track editors - and believe me locus is really easy and really intuitive to use compared to most of those! hahahaha

Even the first time I tried splitting + merging + deleting part of a track I found it very very easy using locus and I didnt even have to look for instructions :)

Alot of those other computer programs have 30 thousand options which makes it hard even finding which one you want, locus is nice and simple and easy to use I reckon - Perfect :)

PS - Editing seems very fast here but maybe thats my quad core phone working well

Christian

Quote from: menion on November 19, 2013, 15:27:01
so steps are ...
1) display track on map (let's say 'my_track')
2) tap on point, where you want to end first segment (point X)
3) in left menu, choose "tools" button and bottom "split" - locus create two tracks. First part is what you want (named 'my_track_01'), second part contains part you want to remove and also second part you want to keep (named 'my_track_02').
4) now find on second part point, where you want to start second segment (point Y) and tap on it
5) again tap on left "tools" button and choose "remove all before"
6) now you have two parts. If you want to have just one track instead of two, you may merge them in Data > tracks > your folder > here choose just these two parts and in bottom "tools" button is "merge" button

uff, done :)

Thanx menion for the short manual. It works!
But... when you merge the to parfts of splitted tracks they remain as two parts :(
Any hints?

Christian

*and i can confirm that most of "powerful" desktop editors much more complicated in editing tracks than Locus.
  •  

KaHeMu

Yes, the two parts are still in the list but there should be a new track which name is date and time of creation. This track comprised the splitted parts.

Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Christian

The multiple created tracks disappeared in my endless list of tracks :o
Thanx for your hint.

I edited and merged some tracks and merged them with tracks created by Brouter. Its a great joy using Locus nowadays.
:D
  •  

Menion

when you merge tracks, there is settings "Merge with gaps" which, when checked, make what you see - gaps between track segments. If you want to have once track without these gaps, just uncheck this settings
  •  

Christian

Yes, i discovered this. Nice feature!

A related question:
I enlarged a track by merging different tracks, especially by adding a new track in front.
Just now the start of the generated track is in the center of the new track ( but still same position as before in the origin track).
Is there a option to move start / finish to a new position?

Christian
  •  

Menion

when you merge tracks, list of tracks is drag-able, so you may order tracks as you want. By tapping on track, you may also change direction in which will be merged. This may help you your problem
  •  

Christian

too many features for a used brain :)
thanx.
  •