Routing not working with MapQuest

Started by routefinder, September 26, 2013, 15:26:26

routefinder

Since a few days navigation with mapquest shows no results (stays on navigation screen, does not exit to map). Switching to CloudMade or  OSRM sources fixes the problem. Any idea?
  •  

UKlocusfan

That happened to me about 2 days ago too and so I switched to Cloudmade.  I have a feeling its happened to me in the past too. 
  •  

Menion

it's problem on MapQuest server. They disabled using one older type of API (access). It will be fixed in next version (probably tomorrow)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

routefinder

Woooh, thats an amazing fast and helpful reply. Many thanks! ;D
  •  

Axles

Quote from: menion on September 26, 2013, 15:42:55
it's problem on MapQuest server. They disabled using one older type of API (access). It will be fixed in next version (probably tomorrow)

It's a good time to make navigating from Google API (if Google offers this)
  •  

Menion

hmm this already exists ... secret function that should be enabled by configuration file ;), anyway I don't have best results with it ...

EDIT: I'll not answer on this over private messages, but rather here. It's not so secret. Problem here is only that Google has very weird terms of use and they allow to use "Directions API" only on their own maps! And because I cannot add Google maps to Locus, I also cannot use this "Google Directions API".

Anyway for personal and testing usage, it's available in configuration file. This file is described here http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:configuration_file and parameter you need to change is at bottom dev_enable_google_directions, then you'll be able to choose Google next to MapQuest and others
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •