Map download don't start

Started by Blockout, August 12, 2013, 17:44:29

Blockout

Hallo Locus,
first a big THANKS to Asamm, Menion, the translators (danke) and all the others for that superb app! I love it and of course I purchased the Pro!  :D

I downloaded parts of map "MTB CR" (around Dresden) just successfully. So actually I have stored one map of about 1GB.

Today I'd liked to download another part of same map into a new offline map (new, because an earlier try of appending into an existing offline map crashes and corrupted the map  :o ).

The download started correctly until 4750 tiles, then stopped. No chance to continue. So I deleted the corrupt files, tried to download again, also a smaller part with low zoom level - but no success! Now the download doesn't start - see Image!

Locus app was stored on my internal usb-drive (Galaxy S2), ~ 3GB free! However I moved whole Locus to external SD (11GB free), but still the same problem.

So I think free memory and also Internet connection are not the problem - WLAN works fine!

Any idea?  :?
Answers in english or german are very welcome!

Thanks
Blockout
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  I'm checking cases when such error should happen. It's not a problem of download limit, because this will be directly written as "limit reached".

But it should be all other problems. On server or in Locus. If you create a log (by editing config.cfg file "debug logs to 1"), there should be some clue why this happen. Anyway because there are no more users reporting this, I think this will be some temporary problem on MBT server.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Blockout

Hi Menion,
new day - new Chance - success! Don't know why, but today I could download the map successfully.

And after that I tried to download a next part of the map with function "merge into an existing map". But this process took about 6 hours (!) of work. Not the download, but the process of merging the maps or what else?! Of course I thought the process has crashed, because the progress bar stopped for many hours at about 60 percent. But surprise - after 6 hours the info screen was disappeared! I checked the zoom levels, all seems to be okay. But is that long time ok? The merged map has a size of only 78 MB.

And another question: the lower left button to center at actual position seems to get wrong! It works only short by centering the map and the button flashes blue only short time. But it does not remain ON and keep the blue background color like in earlier times (last week). My GPS is activated and works! And the same with online, offline and vector maps.

Thanks a lot
Blockout
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  6 hours? really?? ah. Keep in mind that here is also in play web server from where you download data, so it's a useful to check web version of this server. Otherwise six hours is really crazy and should not happen mainly for such small map

about centering - you probably disabled one feature in settings > http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ap_control - "Hold center method" ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •