Offline POI database

Started by Menion, July 22, 2013, 22:02:41

druki

Germany works. It's not the fastest but the handling takes not much more time than searching in Google places. Maybe next step will be to show several points on map by selecting (first 50 or 100 ...) or convert to regular POIs to show? I will love this features if beeing abroad!
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "gynta"
Quote from: "tommi"POI DB matching to the current map the default?
good point - but when is the right moment for this action?
Let me explain what I did:
Typically I have the map center near my home in Germany.
For a short research I moved the map center to Fuerteventura (via one of my favourite POIs, not from the POI DB). And then I expected to see the POI db of this area.
As a rule of thumb: change poi db synchronously with vector map. Stay with the last selected poi db if there isn't any for the current map.

Btw. I don't get the POI db for Canaries to work (show pois on the map doesn't work but the POI menu is ok after selection of the right db). In catlog I see that Locus opens the db for Germany twice but not the one for Canaries. I checked spelling of db and map and seems to be exactly as for Germany.
Could someone check?

In addition I get a crash of Locus (suddenly it disappears from the screen, no java stack trace in log) if I pan and zoom (only few times) on the Fuerteventura vector map.
I repeated this several times, exactly reproducible.
Then I removed the German poi db (yes, the German poi db which made no problems in Germany) and repeated the test with Fuerteventura and now there is no crash!
I can provide a log but only today late afternoon.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"hmm yes, I currently search for DB files only in Locus/mapsVector directory. Question is whether different directory is needed. These databases will be closely tight to vector maps. Will be downloaded from store ... anyway I'll think about it ...

I loaded Norway map yesterday and Norway pois but I donĀ“t get the pois shown like gynta.
I renamed norway.map to Norway.osm.map and moved the both filesm map and poi into mapsVector directory.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

so you have norway.osm.map and norway.poi.db in same directory? Fine then go into Locus > menu > more > Points of interest and check if you may see Norway POI's (important here is to download missing library - it's just one time event but without this, DB will not work). If so, then enable (do it rather once more even if map is already visible) your vector map once more and you should see also an active pois on map

@tommi: thanks for information. Seems that there is a problem when locus tries to load more then one POI database at once. I have to test it more precisely
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Ahh, Ok,I had to download the library too.
Now I can choose the pois one for one. But can I make visible a whole category like alpin huts at once?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

points works together with your current vector map and theme. So generally, if you select any map and specific vector theme, this database use same rules for display points. So if in your vector theme are huts visible in zooms 14-17 with this icon and size, this POI database will display these points by exactly same rules
  •  

joeloc

Nice feature. I am just testing it with Pyrenees.map from openandromaps and spain poi database. Renamed openandros "Pyrenees.map" to "spain.osm.map" and it seems to work.

Will I be able to use multiple poi databases at once? Many (or most?) interesting regions when touring Europe are "cross border", like Pyrenees or Alps. In the alps, even day trips with three countries are quite common.
  •  

joeloc

Ps, can I ask for France?
  •  

CaptKaos

Menion
Is there a Database for them UK
  •  

gynta

v 2.13.1.7
its not easy to remove POIs from map
So i remember  vote here https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... db_submenu
 :mrgreen:

eldron

Quote from: "joeloc"Ps, can I ask for France?
+1
As we are going to France soon it would be a good opportunity to try out the POI database.
  •  

Menion

France database will be even larger then database for germany. I'm worried it will be way too much, but I'll try to create it today. As well DB for UK.
  •  

rontott

Hi, could you please do Michigan in the USA? That would be awesome.
  •  

Menion

added: Belgium, Denmark, France, Great Britain, USA - Michigan

@joeloc: it already worked (more files at once), but tommi reported some crashes (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3267&start=20#p22400), so it's disabled for now
  •  

CaptKaos

Thanks Menion

Edit:- The UK db works well in 2.13.1.7, will try it with the newer version.
  •