[APP] - version 2.13.X+ (updated 1.8.2013)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2013, 19:50:00

gynta

Quote from: "tommi"
Quote from: "menion"@tommi: ah here it is :). I rather removed this completely (text) then writing some nonsense
??? I have no clue what you are talking about. You removed the "x Meter von y Stunden"? Can this now be properly replaced with the new TTS system?
think he talk about your screenshot

tommi

Quote from: "gynta"
Quote from: "tommi"
Quote from: "menion"@tommi: ah here it is :). I rather removed this completely (text) then writing some nonsense
??? I have no clue what you are talking about. You removed the "x Meter von y Stunden"? Can this now be properly replaced with the new TTS system?
think he talk about your screenshot
You're probably right (the nonsense text is this "bla bla" in the screenshot), thanks.

But nevertheless I'd like to know if there will be a better text for the clock/distance instructions.
  •  

Menion

yes yes sorry, I thought "blabla" text :). Gynta wrote me about this yesterday but I had not idea what he talk about :)

"better text fro clock/distance instructions" - you mean for a guiding? I'll improve support for text configuration TTS file to cover also commands for this guiding. Next week ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"yes yes sorry, I thought "blabla" text :). Gynta wrote me about this yesterday but I had not idea what he talk about :)

"better text fro clock/distance instructions" - you mean for a guiding? I'll improve support for text configuration TTS file to cover also commands for this guiding. Next week ...
Thanks!
  •  

tommi

Regarding the new vector world map, a good idea, thank you for providing it!

I'm wondering about best usage. I have selected auto-select vector map and map center is e.g. in Germany on normal vector map on zoom level >8. Now I reduce zoom level until <=8 but still the normal vector map gets rendered (of course quite slow).
I only installed the .map file, not the two other files because I don't know which purpose they serve.
*edit*: In the other direction from low to high zoom levels the map doesn't switch as well from World to Germany.
  •  

Menion

"Now I reduce zoom level until <=8 but still the normal vector map gets rendered" ... this is weird, it should not work in this way,

Please check if you really have vector world map in Locus/mapsVector/_world directory. Optional two files cause colored shading of world map in levels 1 - 5, so they're not necessary, just optional. It also do not matter if you have enabled auto-loading. World vector map should not be visible in list of vector maps! and is used automatically. So in all cases, it's used for levels 1 - 8
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"Please check if you really have vector world map in Locus/mapsVector/_world directory. Optional two files cause colored shading of world map in levels 1 - 5, so they're not necessary, just optional. It also do not matter if you have enabled auto-loading. World vector map should not be visible in list of vector maps! and is used automatically. So in all cases, it's used for levels 1 - 8
Thanks for clarification. I  think the original description "extract attached file into Locus/mapsVector directory and enjoy" is the reason why I did it wrong.
  •  

Menion

really? but the zip file contain one directory "_world", so ... :)

anyway it works now right?

EDIT: anyway in the end, this will be automated process, so user will not care about this
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"really? but the zip file contain one directory "_world", so ... :)

anyway it works now right?

EDIT: anyway in the end, this will be automated process, so user will not care about this
Yes it works now, nice.
  •  

jusc

But it is not usable in testing version, which is working as Pro?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

don't understand ... you talk about world map? It should work without problems (as tommi in the end mention) in testing version from first post
  •  

jusc

no Idea what it is:
Regards J.
  •  

jusc

btw. with another Phone exactly the same. Test version doesn´t give me the option to load the map nor doesn´t show me the directory (_world).
In Pro version no problem.
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "jusc"btw. with another Phone exactly the same. Test version doesn´t give me the option to load the map nor doesn´t show me the directory (_world).
In Pro version no problem.
Quote from: "menion"Please check if you really have vector world map in Locus/mapsVector/_world directory. Optional two files cause colored shading of world map in levels 1 - 5, so they're not necessary, just optional. It also do not matter if you have enabled auto-loading. World vector map should not be visible in list of vector maps! and is used automatically. So in all cases, it's used for levels 1 - 8
No, problem is in Pro because Pro doesn't yet support automatic switch to world.map on zoom level <=8. Only in newest Free version here from forum it is expected to work.
  •  

Menion

exactly. jusc just choose any vector map and zoom to level 8 and below ... that's all ...
  •