Dynamic Dashboard?

Started by joze, June 12, 2013, 00:00:19

joze

Hi,

is it possible to have a dynamic dashboard?

Example // let's suppose I've defined track recording items as part of a dashboard. I'd like them not to show up if no track is recorded where all non-track-recording dependend items should still be displayed.

Is this possible?
  •  

Menion

good idea. When I'll have "month of dashboard" (time focused on dashboard improvements), I'll try to not forget and add this to some items
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

btw. exits there any dashboard editor for PC?
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "jusc"btw. exits there any dashboard editor for PC?
You can edit the dashboard inside Locus.
And I would recommend to edit it on the device you'd like to use the dashboard.
  •  

joze

Hi,

there's more dashboard dynamics which I'd find useful and I'd like post here for the wishlist.

See attached comparison.

The number on rows and buttons displayed on the bottom of the screen can vary (e.g. between zero and two like in the example).

In this example I let locus to autohide the bottom buttons so there might be no buttons / rows at the bottom at all like in the left image.

The right image shows the situation where the default bottom row is not hidden and furthermore there's another button row which allows to do something with the displayed track / poi's.

As you can see, the two button rows are obstructed by the dashboard, which is not useful.
[attachment=0:n28n53an]2013-06-13_dashboard.png[/attachment:n28n53an]
I see two solutions for this situation:

1. either move the dashboard dynamically up as rows appear on the bottom (preferred)

2. have the dashboard in the background such that if any button rows appear they should be over the dashboard (less preferred)
  •  

brotbuexe

+1 for the backgroundoption from me.
  •  

Menion

Guys I really suggest to post it and vote on GetSatisfaction. When I'll start work on dashboard I'll for sure find it there as well as others :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •