[APP] - version 2.12.X+

Started by Menion, May 26, 2013, 19:08:57

Menion

25.6.2013 - Locus 2.12.2.10 RC! - test version

Warning: this version move settings for "Live tracking", "Quick add point", "WMS maps" to different directory!! Do not use this version if you also want to use current public version of Locus with these features!

Main speed and bugfix optimizations

[attachment=0:2zku2lmt]<!-- ia0 -->2.12.2.10.apk<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2zku2lmt]

news
- improved "Always screen on" settings
- improvements of translation
- fixed problem with start of navigation
- small fix in downloading of one-level online map
- fixed some crashes
- small improvements in data screen
- speed improvements in moving a map with lot of items
- some improvements in speed of locus start

21.6.2013 - Locus 2.12.2.8 RC! - test version

Planned release is on Wednesday of next week. So four days on testing. Any problems and ideas you find, please discuss. I'm always offering possibility to change <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Have a nice weekend

news
- another bunch of speed improvements (map handling & data, mainly points, loading)
- added "Always screen on" to quick switch
- added ability to change icons of more points at once (in data screen)
- added prevention to open more points dialogs at once

19.6.2013 - Locus 2.12.2.7 - test version

news
- dramatically improved POI filter
- improved speed of removing "before" and "after" parts of tracks
- tapped (selected) items on map, now in list display last update time and it's also possible to sort them by time
- fixed problems with OSM notes
- fixed problem with main menu slide & screen lock feature

17.6.2013 - Locus 2.12.2.6 - test version

main changes except speed improvements on various places, is new system for data screen/item visibility - opinions are welcome.

news
- again new system for data screen, hopefully final ... who find what's changed? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
- added support for display and sort by favorites points (geocaching fav)
- fixed problem with re-writting icons when choosing folders
- fixed problems with Backup manager (mainly restoring items)
- improved items count formatting in data screen
- added notification when pressure sensor do not work correctly
- some small fixes

15.6.2013 - Locus 2.12.2.5 - test version

news
- since previous 2.12.2.4, 2.12.2.5 just a few bugfixes and improvements mainly in "Data screen"
- merged "Item visibility" feature with data screen!
- better support for mouse scroll zooming
- fixing problems with centering new items coming from API
- fixes in sorting items by created and last updated date
- removed OSM Bugs service, implemented OSM Notes service
- improved recalculate feature (navigation) so now it's as background task without loading dialog
- improved backup system
- fixed problem with disappearing guiding when using live map
- many many many speed improvements - vector maps, map items, loading/unloading of items in folders (huge difference here) and also some memory optimizations
- fixed some small baterry problems (widget, notifications, wake locks on GPS)

5.6.2013 - Locus 2.12.1

not much reactions here even when almost every test version had more then 50 downloads. Nevermind, it gave me at least valuable feedback, that all major features works fine. So thanks all for a help, mainly "bug-fix" version is now heading to Google Play & AndroidPIT

4.6.2013 - Locus 2.12.0.5 - RC!!

main question: what you think about "POI alert, Parking, Navigate to" features on A4.0+? Is this full-screen system better? Also if this function is called from main menu, this menu remain open if you cancel this function. Opinions are welcome ...

news
- switched old ANT+ system to new version (require service 4.0+)
- fixed some problems with map downloading and centering
- added ability to define folders used in POI alert
- big change in background work with GPS. Now should better handle system on/off state (anyway GPS on/off etc. really need testing)
- added support for zoom in/out by mouse scroll
- many many small fixes

2.6.2013 - Locus 2.12.0.4 - test version

main question: what you think about "POI alert, Parking, Navigate to" features on A4.0+? Is this full-screen system better? Also if this function is called from main menu, this menu remain open if you cancel this function. Opinions are welcome ...

news
- improved design of POI alert and Navigate to screens (mainly full-screen)
- fixed problem with map picker
- fixed incorrectly computed daily temperatures
- improvements in hillshading
- few small fixes

29.5.2013 - Locus 2.12.0.3 - test version

purpose of this version is to prepare really amazing new version for June (release expect at start of next week). So here are no new extra news, just a bugfixes

news
- zoom lock now remember last settings
- guiding on cache now disabled after logging
- "parking" feature just for testing as full screen window (not as dialog)
- fixed crashes in navigation menu
- fixed crashes when repeatedly opened Quick map switch
- fixed incorrectly send Geocaching logs
- fixed incorrect uploaded "pre-filled" texts (uploaded as field notes)
- fixed problems with parsing GLWPT nmea messages
- fixed some rare problems with older tracks databases

28.5.2013 - Locus 2.12.0.2 - test version

news
- new system for main menu - now using system from Google itself, so recommended <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->. Anyway may be bugged ...
- optimizations on track altitudes
- moved declination from sat screen to compass screen
- improved parking function design
- attempt to fix slow vector map rendering
- fixed publishing a field notes
- some small fixes

26.5.2013 - Locus 2.12.0

new version is available. Enjoy
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joa

Hi Menion,
updated version 2.12 today, after that did a bike tour and unfortunately noticed, that one of my favorite features of Locus Pro seemed to be gone: the possibility that the device display gets dimmed after a while and gets to full lightness again just by touching it. It was in the general options menue. It was a very useful feature because it saved a lot of battery. Why has it disappeared and - please - can you put it back again?
  •  

gynta

talking about this missing setting?
a good question.. ;)

joa

Yes Menion, this is exactly what I mean. It's gone. Can you bring it back?
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "joa"Yes Menion, this is exactly what I mean. It's gone. Can you bring it back?
confirmed, it's gone :shock:
  •  

alex_dd

Hello,
with today's update, Locus gets very very slow on my phone. The start of Locus needs much longer and especially the loading of the map needs about 30 seconds each time i move or zoom the map (before it was about 1 or 2 seconds). also the opening of the menus is quite slow.
With this new version, Locus is almost not use able.

Parallel to the updated pro version I have an older free version on the phone, which works still normal.
My phone is an Motorola Motolux (XT615) with Android 2.3.

best regards
alex
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "alex_dd"Hello,
with today's update, Locus gets very very slow on my phone. The start of Locus needs much longer and especially the loading of the map needs about 30 seconds each time i move or zoom the map (before it was about 1 or 2 seconds). also the opening of the menus is quite slow.
With this new version, Locus is almost not use able.
alex
Maybe same problem as here? viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3030&start=80#p20915
Which map(s) make the problem?
Quote from: "alex_dd"Parallel to the updated pro version I have an older free version on the phone, which works still normal.
Which version exactly?
  •  

alex_dd

my problem sounds similar to:
 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3030&start=60#p20873

the maps are some different vector maps.
The version of Locus free is 2.7.3. it uses exactly the same maps.

Alex
  •  

Menion

hi guys

firstly ... missing "DIM" settings. I was checking how much people use this settings and there was only a few. I use "older" method called "Wakelock" to keep screen on (in normal or dimmed state). Anyway this wakelock has also side effect, it try to keep CPU also awake and ready to use. Also in case of some small problems, this wakelock may cause abnormal battery usage. So recommended is not to use it, until it's really necessary.

So because I want to optimize Locus as much as possible, I sacrifice this settings for ability to not to use wakelock. Now, system for keeping screen on is 100% safe and there is no space for some battery problems due to this. So shortly, sorry, but there is no way to return this settings back. Only way should be automatically reduce brightness of screen by Locus itself, but I'm not sure I want to play with this settings ...

second: speed of map on 2.X devices ... I was checking a code and found only one line difference, where I put map rendering to lower priority. I'm worried that it's this problem. Your device think, that thread with low priority is not so important so it do not use much CPU power on it ... probably. I'll put here today a test version for quick test. If this will be this problem, I'll release new version soon with some more fixes
  •  

joa

Hi menion, about the missing "dim"settings: could you please consider that again? I wonder that so less people are using this. On my device (Sony xperia active, android 4.0) it makes a huge difference in battery consumption, about 12 or 13% per hour with mostly dimmed screen vs. much more than 20% per hour without the dim option. So this is a huge affection of usability. I always have to be sure that the battery is fully charged before the tour (not very spontaneous) and tours above 4 hours or so are no longer possible without recharge or external battery. Problem is that my device holder for the bike handle bar covers the on/off-switch, so if I use the system settings for the display brightness and the display shuts off, I can't shut it on again without taking the device from the holder. You see, this setting is very important for me. So please, consider this problem again. Maybe you can find another solution.
Until then: is there any download possibility for version 2.11?
Thanks and regards joa
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"missing "DIM" settings. I was checking how much people use this settings...
:shock: interesting - How do you made this :?: logfiles? big brother is watching you  :D

Menion

big brother as Google Analytics

I really do not want to implement Wakelocks back. It's really dangerous method to keep screen on. I'll try to think about some alternative to dim screen, but cannot promise ...
  •  

pmoravec

Maybe there is an application with service on Google Play using wakelocks to keep the screen on, which would offer this function for people like joa? I found something called Wakey, but don't have any practical experience with it.

Edit: It's not suitable for this task, refer to later post
  •  

Menion

Pavel this is excellent solution. I always forget that Locus is not on Google Play alone :)

seems that false https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... blep.wakey Wakey looks usable ...
  •  

pmoravec

Unfortunately this one (Wakey) does not dim the screen in the basic version I have tested. But maybe some other...

Edit: OK, something called "Screen ON" //https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brilliant.apps.screenon looks promising for this task, at least it works this way on my phone and is free and not add-supported.
  •