Main Menu

addons

Started by Menion, March 10, 2011, 20:39:11

Menion

Hi guys,
  I want to start talk about addons for Locus. I already created and published one "Locus - addon Contacts". This works fine and allow to access contacts data without needed permission directly in Locus. Actually second addon is almost ready - Locus - addon Augmented reality". I have also plan to take all code from My Maps and create next addon but it looks to be really complicated because My Maps are integrated into whole Locus system.

Anyway what I want by this topic. You should write me some idea on another addons of course, but this is more into "wishlist" category. I want to know if exist anyone who want to create any addon by himself. So I'm interested if I should create any interface that allow other developers create addons to Locus. If so, I'll also need some helo with this because I actually have no idea how to do this :)

so, let's talk about it a little ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

marlar

I think it is a good idea with addons. Addons can greatly improve an app.

Take for example the Dolphin browser, there are many nice addons for it.

In the desktop world you have Total Commander, the World's best file manager. And there are soooo many fantastic addons for it.

One obvious addon is a way to add new online maps.  Eg. I would like to see this map implemented: http://kmswww3.kms.dk/kortpaanettet/. It can show very details topographic maps for Denmark.

I myself would certainly make addons for Locus.
  •  

Menion

hmm fine answer. I agree also. Anyway for most functionality I have to do support by myself in Locus. Nice example is your map. This is really nice map and it's also simple WMS service. But I have to integrate this whole WMS stuff into Locus (and I really want to do this because it's very important feature).

anyway If you have any idea and want to realize, we should talk about it. As I told before, I don't know hot so simple create some addon support so it'll be slow and tough fight :)

EDIT1:

I have some ideas for nice addons that should be handy and I have not much time to create this like

- some graph addon that take intent with 2D data and draw graph - this should be really usable by many apps not even locus
- some addons for "Add new location". I have plan to do averaging feature but there is more possibilites
- also social networks as berkley wrote, this should be done as addon

EDIT2:

simple solution that can be done easy and fast. Send intent from app with for example request for location, and this return some value that I handle
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

What are the simple basics to try to make your own addon?
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •