Dashboard: Screen Alignment and Pace

Started by kristianmatthews, May 08, 2013, 03:58:09

kristianmatthews

I have been using locus for geocaching and am very impressed so far and menion responded quickly to a bug I had found in the downloading of maps around points.
I am just getting into using locus when I run and have set up a custom dashboard based on JoeLocs Dream.

I am wondering if anyone else has run into a situation where the dashboard looks correct in the editor, but upon using it on the main screen the locations of all the objects are shifted (in my case everything is shifted up on my screen from where it is in the editor by a 1/2 inch)
I have worked around this by inserting an extra blank row to line it back up on the main screen.

Also, is there an option to show Average Moving Pace or Current Pace?
I know malesmurf used pace in a custom screen design, but I cannot find that option in the choices for a type inside the dashboard.
(Pace=minutes/mi and is used by runners to see how fast they are going instead of speed)
If pace is an option, is there a way to show these other details in the information saved with the track like it does for speed, distance, time?

If anyone has any experience with the dashboard being shifted slightly on their screen, or knows if I am missing an option somewhere to show pace, please let me know. Thanks. Kris
  •  

Menion

Hello Kris,
  this is how dashboard editor works. I know it's little annoying, but problem is caused by top action bar in dashboard editor. Anyway dashboard is shrinking and enlarging by screen size, so it should not be a problem I believe

about missing variables ... what isn't in list, cannot be set. I'll keep these two in mind and will add them later
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

kristianmatthews

Thanks menion. I can definitely live with the shifting of the screen. Just wanted to make sure I didn't screw something up when editing.

Would love to see those missing variables about pace show up in the future. [i.e.     "7m10s mi Current Pace"]
Then locus would truly do everything that I need it for: Geocaching!!!, offline maps for driving/hiking/geocaching using vector and downloaded tiles, run tracking, weather, and more. Definitely the best app I have ever bought.
  •  

FunGous

+1 for pace
I'm using locus mainly for running and was about to make a nice dashboard for myself just with basic informations regarding my present run and what .... ??
No pace variable :-(

If it will be implemented soon please do not forget to set it that we have a choice
min / mile
min / km

Thanks and looking forward for update
Already subscribed this thread :-)

sent from my android
  •  

kristianmatthews

Quote from: "FunGous"+1 for pace
I'm using locus mainly for running and was about to make a nice dashboard for myself just with basic informations regarding my present run and what .... ??
No pace variable :-(

If it will be implemented soon please do not forget to set it that we have a choice
min / mile
min / km

Thanks and looking forward for update
Already subscribed this thread :-)

sent from my android

I put this on the Get Satisfaction page too. Make sure to like it  and follow that thread too :)
https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... rack_stats
  •