Cannot import some GPX files

Started by Felisek, March 05, 2013, 13:57:24

Felisek

I have a bunch of GPX files with walks, I downloaded back in 2011 and used with Locus (they worked!). Now, I tried to go back to these tracks and cannot import any of them. I do Data->Tracks->Tap category tools icon->Import, then select a GPX file, confirm "import" and... there is a brief flash of "importing" window, then all dialogues disappear and the track is not in the category. Nothing happens, no error message. I tried this both on my Nexus 4 phone and Transformer Prime tablet. Here is an example GPX file that fails to import:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27213189/fingalspinnacles.gpx

However, when I tried to import a GPX file exported by Locus previously, it imported correctly. Is there anything wrong with the above GPX file? It definitely used to work with older Locus (July 2011).
  •  

Menion

Hello Felisek,
  sorry for troubles. In Locus is small issue in importing GPX files due to incorrect parsing date. It will be fixed in next version or if you need this as soon as possible, you may use (on your own risk) testing version here from forum viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2867&start=40#p19298
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Felisek

Hi Menion,

Thanks for your quick response. No problem, I can wait until the next version. I do appreciate the support you provide to all users.
  •