[APP] - version 0.9.25 & 0.9.26

Started by Menion, March 03, 2011, 16:35:53

superscout03

some of the numerical grid locations are coming up in 10 digits, some 9 digits, but most are 8 digits. but the first part of the grid, its showing my zone identifier as 38SMB but it is supposed to be 38SMF, there is a huge difference and about 200 miles between the two.
  •  

Menion

count of numbers is probably because there is no space for more numbers right? I separate MGRS number into two lines. May you send me coordinates in WGS and converted into MGRS which have this problem?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

superscout03

Here is a converted grid location for you.. both are the same location and both are correct locations. in Locus the readings are different though.

WGS format  N 36.20312   E 043.99135

MGRS format  38SMF 09325 06949

in Locus the MGRS locaton for that position is 38SMB 9324 6948
  •  

superscout03

there is plenty of room for more numbers, and no its not splitting the MGRS location into two lines.
  •  

superscout03

it seems to me that it is having a problem displaying the first numerical number if it is a (0)  anything greater than a zero will show up.

so for instance a fake numerical grid like this in its correct form  38SMF0123404321  in Locus it will display it as 38SMF12344321

but this is where it can get very confusing, take a correct fake location like this it  38SMF 1234505433  in locus it will look like this 38SMF123455433   it messes you up because you dont know if the 0 goes infront of the first set of 5 numbers or the 2nd set.  BUT the biggest issue is getting the correct zone identifier for the grid, my location is 38SMF and locus shows it as 38SMB
  •  

Menion

wait wait with your posts :) all fixed and I'm creating new testing version now :)
  •  

superscout03

oooh sweet thanks. I will let you know how it goes
  •  

Menion

Ok so fixed version is here.

And one question. Yesterday I with berkley share some data thanks to shared folder in dropbox. I have idea to share one folder with testing versions. Here, the people that have some issue or want to help, can place any data needed for debug. What you think. Of cource people that don't have dropbox account, can create one with this link http://db.tt/0k2Hrde which give me 250MB bonus :). So what you think? will this be easier for you to test new versions or send me some data to test?
  •  

jctmarques

About importing gpx files directly from Geocaching... I'm surprised on how quick it is in this version. Few minutes to import each 1000 cache file.
My question is: How does the system handle Caches with same name? The option to overwrite is not clear: If I overwrite I'm losing the old. If I don't overwrite I'm losing the new? It seems is should keep both.
  •  

jctmarques

Quote from: "menion"Ok so fixed version is here.

And one question. Yesterday I with berkley share some data thanks to shared folder in dropbox. I have idea to share one folder with testing versions. Here, the people that have some issue or want to help, can place any data needed for debug. What you think. Of cource people that don't have dropbox account, can create one with this link http://db.tt/0k2Hrde which give me 250MB bonus :). So what you think? will this be easier for you to test new versions or send me some data to test?

hehe

I like the idea ;)
  •  

berkley

:!:  Ouuh damn, this was my idea...  :evil:  now stupid menion gets all the 250MB bonus space on dropbox   :roll:
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

Hmm you're risking, that there will be no farming features. Berkley, Berkley, I'm watching you :)

Anyway post you dropbox link also, maybe someone register account on you also.

Hmm, but I don't need this space for Locus, so I suggest to others, register on Berkley, he really need it! ehm ...
  •  

berkley

... just kidding  :oops:

I don't know what i should do with more than 2GB free space. If i need more, I'm getting a second acount with another 2GB. This is way easier than begging for some ridiculous 250MB...  :mrgreen:
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

enough nonsence talking. Looks we both like offtopic talk :)

Anyway I have to tell, that I founded source of terrible problem with "White dead (initialization on background)" screen! Uff, finally ...

I'll release after a while (cca 1 hour) RC candidate which I want to publish tomorrow, so if aynone have some time, install, test, wrote if any problem. Thanks
  •  

jctmarques

The filtering option in Geocaching points is not working. Now it's presenting a list of numbers.
  •