Spoiler in Locus & Waypoint Projection

Started by ht81, February 25, 2011, 20:29:22

Yahp

Until now i did not use spoilersync, but i am well aware of many situations where they would be more than very helpful ;)
So i would agree to the proposed solution with another tab and external spoilersync. Then however we need to "convince" the spoilersync coders to provide an Android App ;)

Best regards, yahp
  •  

Zdeubeu

Let me add my voice to the previous ones: It would be great if there was a way for Locus to easily display the spoilers that Spoilersync downloaded.

Cheers
  •  

FraPet

Displaying spoilers would be a killer; the only other app I know, which support spoilers in the descripted way (using "SpoilerSync"), is "GeoOrg". Supporting spoilers is really essential for geocaching and you would get some new users for Locus, I promise. Please think about it.
  •  

Menion

guys ... I'm waiting on official release, as in post from RedSpawn above

"The update is currently scheduled to go live on August 2nd, 2011. In the next few weeks Groundspeak will provide a sample XSD for developers to review. "

so remind me at this day if I forget ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

spukis

Hi, I have finished a first prototype of my PQ converter... this converter adds additional information in PQ zip file vom GC.com, so it is now possible to download spoilers via spoilersync or geopics an link them to the cache description! The spoiler pics (including the created html files) have to be copied to the phone and thats it...
For me it works fine, so I some more interrested in this application I can publish the windows executables.
I also added the possibility to add solved mysteries as additional waypoint that Locus is able to corret the possition during the import ;-)
  •  

rafa-and

Great !!!
Waiting for the 2nd august! but... for working offline... it is not possible to add a button to a directory where to search and .html file with the geocache code???

Thank you in advance.
  •  

RedSpawn

unfortunately the new format is postponed at least until late September:
//http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=275718&st=0&p=4795268&#entry4795268

:cry:  :evil:
  •  

Menion

god, what's so hard on adding few new lines in GPX file ... usual groundspeak way. same with Public API ...
  •  

ViKoCZ

some news on this? or any workaround with spoilersync?
  •  

kerenoc

I'm a very happy user of Locus Pro for geocaching but I still miss spoilers pictures support.

I used to geocache with the open source CacheBox application for Windows Mobile that allowed to access offline spoiler pictures stored using the SpoilerSync program. Such a support would be great (at least for me).

I'm thinking of developping a small app to catch any Android intent associated with a http://www.geocaching.com URL and then display SpoilerSync pictures if available locally on the phone or tablet. In that scenario, from Locus, one could access the spoiler pictures when clicking on the geocache code in the popup window that appear when one clic on a cache icon. Unfortunately, the link used currently by Locus uses the geocache guid instead of the cache code that is necessary for SpoilerSync :-( Currently I have my SpoilerSync index page openned in a browser and I need to remember the geocache code (good Alzheimer prevention!).

It would also be great if that Locus popup windows was available once in the cache description tabs (in the companion application). For example, to go smoothlessly  from the waypoint list to a cache description then to the cache location on the map.
  •  

Menion

no news here, I'll have to start to do something with it soon, anyway as I remember correctly, here already was discussion about using SpilerSync and as I know, something with this should already work isn't it? If not, then why not? :) SpoilerSync only do some directory structure that contain images for caches right?
  •  

kerenoc

Quote from: "menion"SpoilerSync only do some directory structure that contain images for caches right?

SpoilerSync, the way I use it, generates a flat directory containing the images (their name starts with the GC code), an HTML file for each cache (with links to the images) and an index.html file linking to all the HTML files. The idea would be to open the file GCxxxx.html in the browser or in a WebView widget and use it to display the images.
  •  

Menion

can you generate for me some sample that I can use for testing please? I never used this tool so some help will be welcome

EDIT: Hmm I have just read whole discussion at this topic and it's more then half year back when we talked about it. Since then, nothing changed in Groundspeak and GPX format, so seems that spoilerSync will be current most TODO feature .. ok, so let's do something with this. If you can generate for me some sample and send me some exported directory together with GPX file containing cache data, it will be more then welcome
  •  

kerenoc

Quote from: "menion"If you can generate for me some sample and send me some exported directory together with GPX file containing cache data, it will be more then welcome
Here is a zip archive of the directory generated by SpoilerSync
[attachment=1:29q48c17]GC_Spoilers_sample.zip[/attachment:29q48c17]
using this GPX file as input
[attachment=0:29q48c17]GC_sample.zip[/attachment:29q48c17]

Migrating to the latest SpoilerSync version, I discovered that it seems to have some problems parsing the http://www.geocaching.com (who doesn't?) and generates dummy ".png" files that can be ignored.
  •  

Menion

hmm, fine ... here is testing version for anyone (kerenoc?) who wants to test SpoilerSync data ...

put extracted directory to Locus/data/geocaching directory (or one subdirectory like Locus/data/geocaching/dataToday). If you then press on geocache on map and show main cache screen, Locus will try to find GCCODExxx.html file, and if will be success, new "Spoilers" tab will appear

let me know, what else is "needed"
  •