Spoiler in Locus & Waypoint Projection

Started by ht81, February 25, 2011, 20:29:22

ht81

Hello menoin,

i have one more Idea / wish to you for the very nice program Locus :)

I have seen that you have some functions and GUI for Geocaching  :D But i missing all the Spoiler Pictures for some caches. There is a program called "SpoilerSync" (SpoilerSync runs on a Windows PC machine, not on the android device ;)) which can automatically download spoiler into a specific folder (e.g. into a Locus "Spoiler" folder on the SD Card).All downloaded spoiler was named with the right GC Name of his respective Cache.

My Idea / Wish: i select a cache in Locus and there is in the description / gui a button "spoiler". e.g. if i select the Cache "GC12THR" Locus will check in background the specific spoiler folder for pictures how called / named "GC12THR" and when he found 1 or more pictures, the spoiler button in the gui were active. and when he found no pictures, the button is inactive.

A second nice feature was: Waypoint projection. Can you implemeted it? e.g. from manually entered coordinates 180° and 25meters......

i hope you understand my wish despite my very bad english and gramatic.  ;)
  •  

ht81

is there any chance to get this feature into locus? :oops:
  •  

Menion

hi ht81,
 be patient :)

about your requests ...
spoilers - I have to really look at it because I know nothing about it ...
projection of point - this will surely be added into Locus. I was thinking about it a few months ago. I'll add this together with some averaging system for geocachers ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ht81

Hello menion,

sorry that i am impatient but it makes soooooooooo fun to use locus  :D
In May this year, i go to Mallorca in holiday and it would be nice if you have implemeted this functions into locus until i go to Mallorca.  ;)

Grettings Thomas
  •  

Menion

Hmm, spoilers images are images at bottom of cache page? Are these links (to spoiler images) also in gpx Pocket Query file? I have to check this ...
  •  

ht81

Hi,

the program SpoilerSync (http://www.anode.plus.com/spoilersync/) download all spoiler pictures from your imported gpx file. I can manually download all spoiler pictures in a directory and copy it then to e.g. "sdcard/locus/soilers". all downloaded images had the names of the respective caches as GC Code.

i dont know, but i dont think that the gpx includes the links. :?:
  •  

Menion

Hmm I just tested one cache as you wrote .... GC12THR

When I browse through source code, there is this image
http://img.geocaching.com/cache/532bf52 ... 1219f6.jpg

is this spoiler you talk about?

But when I download GPX file (attached to my post) there is no link to this image ...

any tip for this?
  •  

ht81

Hi,

yes i mean this picture. You can look GC24Z0P too. There are the Spoiler named with "spoiler". I think SpolierSync looks into the sourcecode and download this link. GPX dosend include links to spoiler.  :(
but was it possible to show spoilers (stored on sdcard) into Locus?
  •  

Menion

Hmm, but I don't want to do any downloading of page from geocaching.com and searching for spoilers image. Are they really so important?? I have never used them ...
  •  

ht81

Hi,

i think you don't understand me. The Program "SpoilerSync" (installed on my Desktop PC) downloads all the Spoilers on its own from the same gpx which I imported to Locus. All the Spoiler Pictures named by the GC Code and were stored automaticly to a folder on my Desktop (after download, i copy manually all spoilers to my sdcard on my HTC). e.g. The Cache GC24Z0P has 4 Spoilers. Then all Spoilers Named -->  GC24Z0P (1), GC24Z0P (2) and so on. All Locus have to do is, when i select any Cache (e.g. GC24Z0P) then Locus opens the Cache descriptions and Locus look into the Folder (thats the folder i copy before from my desktop on sdcard) and a button e.g. "Spoiler" named are active. If Locus found no Spoilers for this cache in the folder, then the button is inactive.

I hope you undersand me. Locus have nothing to download, online search in a specified folder stored on sdcard and show the pictures  :D
  •  

Menion

Oki, i finally understand what you want.

You want to add into Locus one button that should be useful only for you, because no one will do such complicated coping downloaded images from one software to SD card to second software. Hmm .. I believe you already know my answer.

Only think that should change my opinion is at least ten people who will share your enthusianism into this spoiler thing and also good description, why is this useful because I still don't see it ...

so sorry, but this TOO much user specific things, I don't want implement into Locus, hope you understand. As I see it, if you want this images, you can just go into this folder and watch them by yourself ...
  •  

spawny

I agree! Especially towards the final version 1.0 this functionality is not necessary. It would be interesting however if there would be some kind of plugin mechanism, so that people can write their own additions to the program ... to be finally happy ;)

You might think about it for version 2.0 :)
  •  

rafa-and

I think a lot of people is interested to have this functionality !!

Spoiler sync generate the photos and a html document for each cache named with the gc code.html
Add this functionality is as easy as:
1.- Select the directory where the photo are.
2.- When showing the details of a cache, search if exists the .html file for this cache, and a link to open it

Thank you in advance!
  •  

RedSpawn

spoilers would be nice!

menion: spoilers are images that give hints/tips/clues where the cache is hidden.
when you can't find the cache you look at the spoiler-pictures.

unfortunately they are not easy to download (not in gpx), thats why "SpoilerSync" is used to load them from geocaching.com

but this is about to change!:
http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index. ... pic=275718

menion you could add a new tab in the cache-description dialog (Info, Listing, Logs, Spoiler)
  •  

Menion

perfect, this is surely possible! New tab or new button at bottom will be added! nice, looks that this "problem" will be finally solved without any "hack" or ... They write they they will publish some testing PQ file during next weeks, so when I forgot to test and ad it in next weeks, please remind me it ...
  •