Restore fails after database conversion

Started by bintang, November 18, 2012, 14:15:47

bintang

About a month ago I got a message that Locus (Pro) had to convert my database into another format. So far, so good.

However, to keep things organized, I use different databases for different countries. Now I have a problem restoring old databases with information from other countries. At this moment my copy of Locus uses data from country A. When I choose to restore a database with data from country B, I get the messages 'process successful' and 'You have to restart application', but after restarting Locus, I still see the waypoints and tracks from country A.
Somebody able to help me?
  •  

Curious00

I don't have an answer for you... but I share your pain. I walked through the database conversion a few days ago, saved my data, and then embarked on the task or wiping and upgrading my phone from Android 4.1.1 to 4.1.2.  The saved file I have in hand is just a normal .zip file with three files: settings, tracks.db and waypoints.db ... but somehow neither the new version nor the old version of Locus will import the data.

Update: I found a solution. Happily, I had my entire SD card backed up before the restore, and simply by restoring the /sdcard/Locus folder to its previous state, I'm back in business as I was before.

Update several hours later: The backup and restore facility from the "Functions" menu seems to be working smoothly, after all. Locus is just such a complicated program that it took me quite awhile to test everything out and explore all the backup and restore functions thoroughly.

I'm not sure if any of this helps you, but perhaps it'll provide some food for thought.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
  if you'll have any troubles, try to describe it little bit  more precisely please. I'm not sure I fully understand bintang. Anyway you're probably restoring backups of old databases in new version right? You have some backups that you did in version "before 2.7.0" and want to restore it in new version, correct? Then there will be probably a problem.

You'll have to restore it manually. When you did this restore, Locus probably coppied old databases (*.sqll files) into Locus/data/database directory and not into Locus/data directory. So just manually move these sqll files into right place. This should help.

If you'll have any problem and will want to restore some older backup databases, just simply send me them (file from Locus/backup directory) on email and I'll convert it for you
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •