[APP] - version 0.9.22 and more

Started by Menion, February 23, 2011, 09:30:15

Menion

hi, after some tests I founded, that problem is '&' sign in files. I have to find any working solution ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

two thinks ... one good, one bad!

- "&" is really terrible. I cannot find simple solution to handle this. Only solution for now seems to be to use another XML parser, which means a lot of rewritting and testing and I don't want to do this now ...

- second thing is much better but I don't know what to think about it. Did you tried update of My Tracks? I did and I saw in updates notes "Enabled uploading to My Maps" ... wtf? Because I was too lazy to delete all code of My Maps from Locus, I just enabled it again and woalla ... it's working!!! And editing works also!! WTF??? ...
  •  

mmcyklo

Now I am little bit lost :(

- How can I update My Tracks (Stopy), I have not found such coomand anywhere in the menu..
 - How can I enable uploading to My Maps?
 - What does mean WTF?

BTW reg testing huge maps - I have been trying to download few big parts in Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8 less that 200 000 tiles in order to get <2GB maps but all the times Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8 gives me out of memory error mesage, so now I am trying the same but with smaller selection approx 100 000 tiles to get smaller files approx 1 GB. I will come back with the result...

Thx
  •  

berkley

Hey,

- get the update of the app "MyTracks" from the market.
- you have to wait, untill menion releases a new test candidate
- wtf: it means... aehm, how can i explain... it's an abreviation... for like What The Hell (F***) ...  :mrgreen:

Greetz, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

Hehe, thanks Berkley :) all answers are perfect!

My Maps look interesting, but I don't know what to think about it. It worked, then they disable it and now it works again? I'll probably do My Maps support as extension to Locus similar to contact addon. This will prevent from need permissions directly in application (mainly access to account credentials) and also do not harm main app if this will be disabled again. On the other side, it's bunch of new work ...

and about imported files. I have finally solution. "&" sign is not valid xml sign and cannot be directly in text.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML paragraph Escaping
"The characters "<" and "&" are key syntax markers and may never appear in content"!!

so you have to put them into CDATA tag or replace them "&" for "&amp;"
  •  

Menion

new version on market guys. Thanks for test, tips & tric.. ehm ... :)

what about testing of "huge maps", did this anyone? looks I'll have to do it by myself ...
  •  

berkley

Nice update ... but where is the addon for my maps :P
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

I'll post version with enabled my maps. Addon is really hard to do, due to big integration of my maps to whole application, so probably no addon will be. I'll probably risk negative ratings and comments like "again permission to read account? Why for god?" and similar and release app with My Maps support together ...
  •  

mmcyklo

Thanks a lot for answer!
  •  

Menion

you're welcome ... My Maps version is here (in first post) ...
  •  

berkley

Maps Data API is working again! Very nice from Google...  :ugeek:

I understand the consequences for rating behavior of users, which are just waiting to piss some devs on the legs. Not very smart as they don't understand that more permissions means more features.

What about you provide 2 versions of Locus? One with minimum permissions and one with all permissions making Locus perfect?
I really don't care that you now have the number of my girlfriend...  :lol:

Anyway, I am very happy to read that you spend some time in getting Fusion Tables to work!
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

vpa

My Maps returns for me after selection of account:
Received 403 status code: Maps Data api is now deprecated.

Motorola Milestone 2.1
  •  

superscout03

Great work again!
 I combined all of my downloaded maps into one folder and Locus put them together as one large map of the whole region I am in, about a 4GB map total combined! just so you are understanding size scale.....about an area 200miles east/west x 200miles north/south. Runs fast does not freeze up, (and it does NOT double tile the map; just incase you were wondering) i have about 1,000 waypoints and hudreds of tracks saved in locus now that I imported and its all working great. The inversion abiity of the lettering on the icons was a great idea especially for users that use satellite imagery. I use this appication daily and on long range movements and for very in depth navigation and the program keeps getting better and better. Only one more thing I would like to see and you already know what that is, more coordinate formats! like MGRS!!!! =). Cause trying to type in lat/lon or bearing degrees is a pain!
One bug i noticed, it says you can add a photo to a waypoint, i tried and it places a thumbnail photo in there that is extremely small, and if you click on the thumbnail photo it asks if you want to erase it...nothing else. And then it just dissapears after you close it out. And it only allows you to take a photo which is fine, but you should also be able to load a photo from the photo gallery and link it to the waypoint.

Thanks again! just waiting on those coordinate formats!

superscout
  •  

bbairagee

Hi
Just downloaded Locus 0.9.22.1. My maps is very usefull tool. But we need show on map option when we long press on selected text in my maps. Also need 'auto map load on/off option.
  •