Duplicate Waypoints after Refresh from Waypoint List

Started by Rhintl, November 05, 2012, 09:03:21

Rhintl

When I select multiple geocaches in the waypoint list,
and call refresh,
I will end having those waypoints listed twice (old and new version...) in the waypoint list.

Note: Refreshing a geocache from its details view works fine. But this way it doesn't bring up the import screen. Refreshing from the waypoint list, I get the import screen, and it doesn't seem to replace the waypoints that are to be updated.
  •  

Menion

hmm if I understand correctly, you call Geocaching4Locus add-on, to update selected caches right? After add-on load caches, you see import dialog, here you choose category with caches and start import. You should get "question" that point already exists and here choose "Overwrite". Even after that, you see duplicities in list of caches?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rhintl

Yes, you have understood correctly.
Your description is right, except that I do NOT get any question, and so no overwrite option.
The import just adds the updated points to the list, and afterwards every of the updated geocaches appears twice in the list (with same name, etc.).
  •  

Menion

hmm interesting. May you try to update same caches again? Because it seems to have two reasons:

1) incorrect value in database
2) but more probably disabled "Check for duplicities" settings in Locus. Thank you for this, because it's nice example of side effect of this settings. By "Update" you just download new bunch of points and do normal import with all it's features. So also with checking for duplicate points.

I plan to add better support for updating points for add-ons so this should not be possible, but till now I suggest to enabled this "Check for duplicities" settings
  •  

Rhintl

Yes, your point (2) solved it.
I activated the "check for duplicities" in the settings, and the points got properly refreshed.
Really an interesting side effect - keep up your good work and thanks for your effords.
  •  

Menion

ah perfect. Problem is that I just send data to add-on (if ask for them by tapping on "Update cache") and add-on send me data back just for normal import. I'm working on improved version of API, where is planned then this update will be fully automatic (just as normal used expect). You tap on cache and on update > and > done. Same with categories. No crazy questions on import etc ... so work on next months :)

enjoy cache-hunting
  •  

axstet

I guess this problem might be related to the GPX import bug I found and mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2518 lately.
  •