Network Enabled popup

Started by KnightAzul, October 01, 2012, 12:30:42

KnightAzul

Hi,
I have just upgraded Locus Pro from version 1.something to the latest version: 2.6.3. I noticed that on startup two things happen which did not happen before:

1) It seems that every time starting there is some popup window being shown very briefly before the main application starts up. It disappears too quickly for me to be able to read it. What is this?

2) On startup I get the "Network enabled" popup which I guess means that positioning by network is enabled and then when I exit I get the "Network disabled" popup. Is this affecting any general Android setting?

Thanks,
KnightAzul
  •  

Menion

Hello,
  from 1.x? you have not updated for a quite long right? Anyway quick window is probably just loading dialog that show what is loading at start. if it's visible only for a while, better for you :)

network/gps enabled/disabled do not affect system settings. It's probably not best text. It just mean that locus receive location from network (wi-fi, bts), nothing more. You should see green circle on map,which display last known network location on map

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

KnightAzul

Hi,
I was happy with the basic map app Locus Pro version 1.x and didn't see any need to update! However, I wanted to check out the navigation functionality and this forced me to upgrade  :)
Thanks for the reply and great app!
KnightAzul
  •