MOBAC map no longer displays

Started by rws, September 18, 2012, 18:36:59

rws

I created several Google Maps files in MOBAC and one of them no longer displays.  I looked in the folder on the SD card where they are stored and Locus has renamed the file with an .OLD extension....see attached picture.  What is up with this?
  •  

Menion

hi, I've no idea .. locus itself never do something like this (it's not in it's code), so it have to happen by SQLite handler library that is in Android. Did you tried to remove old extension?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rws

Quote from: "menion"hi, I've no idea .. locus itself never do something like this (it's not in it's code), so it have to happen by SQLite handler library that is in Android. Did you tried to remove old extension?

I removed the .old extension and even deleted the file and copied a new one to the SD card...same thing happens.  When I start Locus the map doesn't display and when I go look at the file it has the .old extention again.  The map worked/displayed fine up until today.

Do map files created in MOBAC expire?
  •  

Menion

I don't think so. Didn't you do any update of your system? Some OTA update, new rom?
  •  

rws

Quote from: "menion"I don't think so. Didn't you do any update of your system? Some OTA update, new rom?

I updated to ICS a couple of weeks ago...but all maps were working after that.  I saved the profile in MOBAC for the map  I'm having trouble with and created another map and copied it to SD card...it's working now.

I noticed 5 error entries in Locus/log folder...would they be of any value for you to look at?
  •  

Menion

errors from log are best thing you can do! So sure, this will help a lot!
  •  

rws

Quote from: "menion"errors from log are best thing you can do! So sure, this will help a lot!

zip attached with errors
  •  

Menion

hmm these are errors that create locus itself. Unfortunately they do not contain any clue, where is problem. Is for you possible to upload your map for me somewhere, so I can test it, or should I describe you methods how you can give me more precise information? In second case will be needed some SQLite editor
  •  

rws

Quote from: "menion"hmm these are errors that create locus itself. Unfortunately they do not contain any clue, where is problem. Is for you possible to upload your map for me somewhere, so I can test it, or should I describe you methods how you can give me more precise information? In second case will be needed some SQLite editor

After I created a new map in MOBAC and verified it was working in Locus I deleted the map file that was not working...so I don't have anything for you to test.

I am having another problem when I have multiple MapItems (.gpx overlays) selected causing Locus to crash on startup.  I'll try recreate it and get a CatLog to send you.
  •  

Menion

ah damn. There was by logs some problems with content of meta information in SQLite map. But you have new one, so problem solved for now :)

core for some fixing is ability to reproduce problem. If I'll be able to have same problem as you, it's just question of a while, to find and fix problem. In case of GPX files, hmm there should be only one problem and that's lack of ram memory. This may happen probably only if you'll try to use Geocaching Pocket query files directly without import
  •  

rws

Quote from: "menion"ah damn. There was by logs some problems with content of meta information in SQLite map. But you have new one, so problem solved for now :)

core for some fixing is ability to reproduce problem. If I'll be able to have same problem as you, it's just question of a while, to find and fix problem. In case of GPX files, hmm there should be only one problem and that's lack of ram memory. This may happen probably only if you'll try to use Geocaching Pocket query files directly without import

I have the following gpx files copied to the LocusMapItems folder.
I start Locus and go to Data Manager and select them for display.
If I only select a few of them no problems occur.
If I select all of them the next time I start Locus it crashes on Loading Map items screen.

Are the gpx file sizes I'm loading too big?  What would be the max mb's I should be able to load?

I have sent a CatLog file to your email.

[attachment=0:33mpdrxx]LocusMapItems.jpg[/attachment:33mpdrxx]
  •  

Menion

thanks for email, it's anyway empty :). But if I look on your files, then it's clear that problem will be memory. Around 16MB!! of GPX files is too much even on Razr device, sorry ... weird is that it works when you load it in application, but not later when loading during start. Anyway I really suggest not to load too much tracks at once. You should also have map move very very slow with such huge files ... so sorry, but there is not much I can do with it now
  •  

rws

Quote from: "menion"thanks for email, it's anyway empty :). But if I look on your files, then it's clear that problem will be memory. Around 16MB!! of GPX files is too much even on Razr device, sorry ... weird is that it works when you load it in application, but not later when loading during start. Anyway I really suggest not to load too much tracks at once. You should also have map move very very slow with such huge files ... so sorry, but there is not much I can do with it now

sorry I forgot to attach log to your email...sent you another one

does the log verify your thoughts?
  •