KMZ bigger 3 Mb in Google Maps

Started by Jubilado, September 17, 2012, 20:09:48

Jubilado

Hi, everybody.
I have created a big KMZ file using Locus. This file (200 Mb) is very heavy because it contains many photos what I have done while I have registered the track.
But Google Maps has the limit of 3 Mb for this files.  :(
I can see the track (and the photos in minimum size) in Google Earth, but I wish see it in Google Maps with photos in original size.
How can do that?
Thanks very much.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  you mean normal Google Map program on Android? I'm not sure I perfectly understand.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Jubilado

Hi, menion.
Thanks by your answer and sorry by I don't explain correctly.
I like see the KMZ (tracks and photos) created in my android device in my desktop computer. And I find that the limit to import to google maps (in the PC) a KMZ file is 3 Mb.
Perhaps, there are other webs where I can load (and manage in Windows) the created map but I don't know which are... or could be a future option in the web www.locusmap.eu???    ;-)
Thanks by your attention.
Best regards.
  •  

Menion

Hmm I have currently no idea what better place offer you. Such features on locus homepage are really not planned now :). In last version was introduced support for ikiMap web, but there is also limit 3MB. Anyway I suggest to check it, maybe you find it useful http://www.ikimap.com/
  •  

Jubilado

Well, I have tried Ikimap and, you are right, there is a limit of 3 Mb also.
Finally, I have unzip the file *.kmz and have reduced all the photos (when unzipped they are in a separate directory) and compress again the file with the reduced photos. Then I have loaded the file in google maps and I have seen what I wanted (with minor problems with the icon of the POIs  :cry: ).
Could be a solution until Google increase the limit of 3 Mb or other alternative solution.
Thanks to everybody.
  •  

Menion

oki fine. just for your info - I'm worried there will be no update of My Maps. Whole feature is marked as a "deprecated" and will no longer (since 02/2011) be developed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  •