Geocaching Live Filed Notes do not upload

Started by SFBF, September 02, 2012, 16:53:29

SFBF

I am a great fan of this application - it gets better and better (not to mention the great maps).
Lately I fail to successfully upload my field-notes, that I took when offline geocaching. This worked fine in the past.
Now I get a "Process successful" but nothing appears on Groundspeak (the stats displayed are correct, so the login to Groundspeak should work).
What I am missing?
Thanks a lot for any guidance,

SFBF
  •  

druki

I can reproduce by writing a field note, store offline, go to GC-Live and select upload and delete on local device -> The field note does not appear at Groundspeak.

Workarround: In Locus go to the field note via the Geocache or via the GC-Tools and upload it after the editing page.

By the way, here in the second editing the original timezone is not remembered, but the time is correct because the timezone is set to zero and the time is calculated to fit.
I.e.first writing fieldnote at 22:00 +2
Second editing: 20:00 +0 is shown.
So it's ok for me (the timezone thing).

Greetings,
Druki.
  •  

Menion

there have to be something specific on this problem. No matter what I do (logging immediately after press "OK" in field note dialog, later with "Geocaching Live" feaure), all works correctly any my field note appear on http://www.geocaching.com/my/fieldnotes.aspx web ...

may you try it for example with some simple short log?

druki: time change is intent. There are huge problems on GC server and I have to after log, set log time to UTC+0 and later modify it if you upload FN over locus
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

SFBF

Ah, I see!
Yes, the notes are on http://www.geocaching.com/my/fieldnotes.aspx like menion said.
But, what I was looking for was a direct log of Finds (or DNFs) like it worked in the past (i.e. without the need to go through the Field Notes
page - which might have advantages too).
Thanks a lot for this first explanation, maybe there is a direct upload feature also hidden somwhere,

SFBF
  •  

druki

Strange: Today I can see all my attempts from yesterday as field notes at Groundspeak and can't reproduce anymore. Everything works as it should.
Direct logging is also possible: Write log (fieldnote) and select direct log if prompted.
  •  

Menion

hard to test without own caches and without some found but not yet logged :). Anyway it should be also some temporary problem on gc.com server, because there were no changes in Locus code that handle uploading field notes ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •