Missing Personal Maps

Started by TopDuck, September 02, 2012, 02:09:31

TopDuck

Dear Forum

I often work in locations without any telecoms.  About a year ago I purchased Locus Pro and loaded it onto my HTC Desire (2.2).  I obtained MOBAC 1.8 and downloaded about 10Gb of terrain maps (all under 2Gb so as to not upset Android) and stored them as RMAPS SQLite.  I then copied these maps from my computer and onto my phones 32Gb microSD card.  And it worked.  For about 6 months Locus Pro provided me with access to terrain maps on my Android phone when I had no data connection (which was almost all of the time).

In May I returned from the wilds, my phone downloaded a lot of updates, and everything stopped working.  Specifically:
- All of my offline maps were somehow deleted from the SD Card (fortunately I still have the originals on my computer); and
- Copying them back from the computer onto the SD Card doesn't work.  Locus Pro doesn't recognise the sqlitedb files that I've loaded into SDCard/Locus/Maps.  I've also tried loading them into another directory and using the "add" function to point Locus at this.  Locus reports this as successful and asks me to restart the application, but again it can't see the sqlitedb files.

Any help would be appreciated.
  •  

tommi

Hi TopDuck, welcome in the forum.
How many Locus folders are on your phone (both internal and external SD!)
There were few users in the past who had similar problems as you and they were mostly related to some change of the Android system (new/changed ROM etc.).
  •  

TopDuck

Hi Tommi

There is a Locus directory on the SD Card.

I cannot see what is on the phones internal storage.  I have not rooted the phone so I see nothing when I access the Phone/Data directory.  But - when I went into Settings / Applications it told me that Locus was installed on the phone (not SD card).

In the (distant) past I have moved Locus from being installed on the phone, to be installed on the SD card, then back to being installed on the phone, using Settings / Applications.  I tried installing Locus back onto the SD card but that didn't allow Locus to see my sqlitedb files.

Any recommendations???

Thanks
  •  

tommi

I didn't mean the protected storage in the phone but some space on the phone's own memory which is accessable via USB from the PC.
Is there really only one Locus folder in total on internal and external storage?
Anyway, backup the stuff of either the only one or the maybe two Locus folders on your PC.
Then uninstall Locus and install it newly.
Try to merge (this shouldn't be to difficult) the backuped Locus data into one Locus folder and copy the content to the Locus folder on phone or sdcard which was created after the first start of the new Locus installation.

Even in case you use Locus Pro there should not be a problem at all with the license at least if you bought it via Google Playstore. In case of a different shop you should ask here again before you uninstall Locus.

Did this help? More questions?
  •  

TopDuck

Hi Tommi

On your suggestion I:
1) Uninstalled Locus Pro
2) Manually deleted the Locus directory from my SD card (I used the File Explorer app to do this)
3) Re-installed Locus Pro

And - It appears that this has solved the problem.  I can now see / load the test sqlitedb file that I couldn't see/load before.

THANK YOU!
  •