Rogue Points

Started by HTWB, August 09, 2012, 18:28:39

HTWB

Hi,  Sometimes when I am recording a track satisfactorily I will get one or more rogue trackpoints maybe miles off the true position. I am wondering what may cause this - losing GPS fix, interference from some wireless signal, interference from other apps on my Galaxy S2, or what?
Is there any way of deleting these points in Locus (maybe by eliminating points that have a massive speed or distance variation) or is the only solution to transfer the track to my computer and display all the trackpoints and delete the rogue points?
I am using Locus pro 2.5.6.
I have max accuracy set at 200m - don't know whether this is relevant.    TIA
  •  

tommi

If you tap on the track on the map screen some buttons appear which allow you to edit the track.
The feature was discussed here: https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... t_in_track
Unfortunately there isn't yet documentation about it.
  •  

Menion

right now discussed here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2280

I already received NMEA message I requested so I'll check it more carefully tomorrow
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

HTWB

Many thanks for your prompt reply. it took me quite a lot of tapping before the mysterious left hand panel popped up but I got there in the end.
Might be useful if there was a button that could be added to the right hand panel which would call up the left hand one. Anyway  - thanks.
  •